🌸 18 🌸

☀️

"you want to tell our parents?" i asked confusedly, repeating what sam said, him nodding.
"just to show them that we can get on with our lives just fine without them," he explained, walking in from the kitchen with a glass of water.
"do you not think they might not react well?" i asked, him coming and sitting next to me.
"well, they might not, but it's not like they know where we are or anything, so we'll be fine," he explained, resting his head on my shoulder.
"true, true. ring yours and i'll ring my mom. also, i feel like this is far from a good idea," i chuckled, putting my arm around sam and ringing my mom.
"me too. oh well, we'll be fine," he giggled, but i had the feeling he might end up crying, and then he'd blame himself and cry even more, and i didn't want that at all.
"colby?" my mom picked up, confused.
"hey. i just wanted to say, me and sam are living together and we've got our own place. we're capable of living without homophobic parents," i explained nervously.
"you're just doing this to spite me. i don't think you realise how much it hurt to kick you out," she retaliated, and i could hear the judgement in her voice.
"i don't think you realise how much it hurt to know you didn't accept me or my boyfriend," i said and hung up, sam giggling beside me, making me laugh. he was about to ring his mom and i stopped him for a second, furrowing my eyebrows slightly.
"are you sure you wanna do this?" i said softly, him nodding.
"i wanna show them we can do it without them," he nodded, making me smile.
"i love you," i grinned, giving him a quick kiss before he rang her, his head still rested against my shoulder. she answered and he put her on speakerphone.
"what do you want, fag?" his dad answered, making both of us jump.
"..i just wanted to tell you guys that me and colby have got our own place, and that we're more than capable of living without you guys," he said after a moment of being taken aback by the question.
"you're a couple of faggots, the pair of you. disgusting. you're going down to hell," his dad spat and hung up. sam looked close to tears but blinked it away, smiling bravely.
"i told you it wasn't a good idea, tesoro," i sighed, him snuggling into my side.
"i know. why am i so stupid?" he mumbled, sighing.
"you're not, i promise you. your parents are. you're perfect. you wanted to call them for good reason. you don't need to constantly prove yourself to them, as long as you're happy it's all that matters," i said softly, kissing his forehead.
"i love you," he said quietly, turning his head to face me.
"i love you more," i smiled, kissing him and pulling him onto my lap, facing me.
"i'm so glad i have you. i would've been bawling my eyes if it weren't for you," he giggled, running his fingers through my hair. i chuckled and pulled him down for yet another kiss, grinning.

☀️

i have no ideas left for this book so this is probs the last chapter. soz