Chapter 6

"So you and Ethan," I said to Sophie, giving her a nudge causing her to blush.

"Yeah, how did that happen?" Jaz said looking at her with a smile.

"I am just glad that it is someone I know and somewhere close to home," she said blushing.

"And we will officially be sisters!" I said to her and she smiled.

"Yes we will be!" she said excitedly.

"No fair, why didn't I get to be mated to a hot older brother," Jaz said, grabbing a cupcake taking a bite out of it.

"I am sure your mate will be amazing Jaz," I said smiling at her. Ethan came over and wrapped his arm around Sophie pulling him to go speak to our parents, and I saw that Liam was now talking with my dad.

"He may not be my mate but that boy is fine," Jaz said watching a guy from our pack walk by. She gave me a wink and started to chase after him.

I Looked over at the picnic benches and I saw my mom talking to Eva. I made my way over there and took a seat next to Eva.

"Can I speak with you, Eva?" I asked and she shook her head, yes and my mom gave her a hug and me a reassuring smile before walking away.

"I am sorry, I don't hate you," Eva said, giving me a hug. I gave her a smile and I was glad that my mother had worked her magic.

"I know you don't," I said.

"And I know you will write. I just wish you could stay closer," she said wiping her tears.

"Eva Diva if I had a choice, of course, I would choose to stay closer. I am only a three-hour car drive away and once you call I am here," I told her and she smiled and held out her pinkie finger.

"Promise?" she said I grabbed her finger and we both kissed the other end.

"Promise," I said to her. Emma and Evan both had finished their video games and they sat on top of the table behind us.

"Are we having a sibling bonding moment?" Emma said, wrapping her arms around her neck. I leaned back and smiled at her.

"Don't we always bond?" I asked her and Evan scoffed.

"What Evan, are you too cool to give your big sister a hug?" I asked him. He sat next to me and wrapped his arm around my waist and hugged me.

"I hope you do know I am about five inches taller than you," he said, making sure he wasn't considered little.

"Trust me I know, Dad's growth competition chart showed that you got taller than me about two years ago," I said. Our dad had this wall where we all competed in height. He was the tallest and had just been beaten by Ethan this year. Then it was Evan, me, my mom, Emma, and Eva was definitely going to sprout up taller than me within a year.

"We will miss you, Erin," Emma said, starting to get tears in her eyes and I felt some start to fall on me.

"I will miss you all too," I said and they all hugged me.

"What is with this cry fest?" Ethan said as he sat down next to me.

"Erin is leaving in two days," Emma said, wiping her tears.

"We all knew this was coming," Ethan said being his normal 'nothing bothers me' self.

"We know but it is still hard," I said, trying not to cry more.

"I know. I will miss you, Erin," Ethan said, giving me a hug.

"Okay, no more crying. We have two more days to hang out, and I will visit all the time, " I said and we all wiped our tears away.

"Also how is no one talking about Ethan finding his mate," Emma said and we all laughed.

"And to make everything worse she is my little sister bro," Joe said joining our gathering. Sophie joined us laughing and snuggled into Ethan's side.

"I can't help it, she is just so pretty," Ethan said, shocking us all at him showing emotions.

"That is so cute!" Charlie and Mila said sitting next to Eva. Jaz joined us and sighed.

"What is up with you?" Sophie asked and Jaz spoke.

"Cute guy has a girlfriend," she said, causing us all to laugh. Jason walked over and was the last one of our family of children we had made. He sat on the table next to Emma and she grinned at him.

"They are totally going to be mates next," I said to Ethan and he agreed.

"OMG look at them all together we need a picture," My Mom said with tears in her eyes. My Dad smiled at her and rolled his eyes and Liam looked at us all with a look I couldn't decipher.

My Mom, Aunt Lilac and Aunt Addy all ran over to take our photo. We all smiled and hugged each other tightly and I hoped that I didn't start to miss out on all of this once I left.

After the photo shoot was done we all talked about old memories and I saw Liam make his way to me. I expected him to sit down and join us but instead, he said.

"Ready to go?" he said as he held out his hand for me. I looked around and everyone was waiting to see what I did. I looked around at my siblings and my honorary siblings and they all knew I had to go but looked sad.

"Yeah," I said sadly as I grabbed Liam's hand. As we walked away I sent them an apologetic glance and they sent me a reassuring smile. I felt a single teardrop down my face as I walked away with my mate leaving my family behind.