Chapter 11

The next day was the funeral and it had been set up really fast. The warriors would have dug the hole this morning and buried my father. We would start the ceremony at sunset.

I cried for a few hours after Liam left to help, and I finally put on Liam's sweatshirt and walked over to my house. My Mom's eyes were bright red and she was dressed in a simple black dress and had her hair in a tight bun. She was playing with her engagement ring and staring out the window.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, taking her out of her trance. She gave me a small smile and took a shaky breath.

"I will be," She said, sounding like she wanted to convince herself. She went up the stairs to her room and I could hear her start to cry.

I walked up the stairs and I pulled my hair half up. I found my tight black dress and put it on with some black heels. I didn't bother putting on makeup. I walked to Emma's room. She was wearing a black romper and some flip flops. She had been crying and threw on sunglasses once I walked into the room.

"Are you almost ready?" I asked her and she shook her head and went into Evan's room. I walked across the hall to Eva's room and I could hear her crying. I walked into the room and I saw her laying on the bed. Her hair was straightened and she was wearing a black maxi dress.

"Are you okay Eva?" I asked her and she ran over and I hugged her tight.

"I just miss him," she said and I ran my hand through her hair. I heard a knock on the door and I saw Ethan and Liam standing in black suits. Ethan was putting on a brave face and Liam was looking at me sadly.

"It is time," Ethan said and I wiped Eva's tears.

"We have to be brave for Mom," I said to her and she agreed with me.

I walked into the hall and Sophie gave me a hug before holding Ethan's hand. Evan was holding onto Emma. I grabbed Eva's hand and walked to our parent's bedroom. I knocked on the door and my Mom appeared. Her face was pale and she looked like she had not slept in days.

"Let's go," She said standing taller and leading us outside. Liam came on my other side and held my hand and I wrapped Eva in a side hug. We walked out of our door and the entire pack was waiting for us.

My Mom led us, Ethan and Sophie just behind. Then the rest of us together. We walked past all of the pack members who bowed their heads as we passed. We finally approached the end of the line where Alpha Kyle, Luna Lucy, and Liam's Parents Luna Kerry and Alpha Jack were waiting.

Luna Kerry's hair was short and graying. And her brown eyes seemed sad. Alpha Jack's blonde hair was short and his blue eyes matched Liams. Liam was a clone of his father. They bowed in respect and we finally reached the freshly dug grave with a wooden casket.

We all kneeled in front of his grave and everyone else followed behind us. We would do a moment of silence for us to pray to the moon goddess then we would each shovel in dirt filling the grave.

I prayed for the Moon Goddess to send us strength, make sure my Mom was okay, and let there be some way in the book to help us figure out why this happened. After a few minutes my Mom stood up and she took the shovel and threw some dirt in the hole. She let out a sob and Aunt Addy ran over to catch her.

We all followed her lead, and by the time the entire pack had shoveled in the dirt the grave was full, and his tombstone was placed. It read "Kane Williams Father, Husband, Our King".

"Oh honey, I wish we were meeting in different circumstances," Luna Kerry said.

"Me too, I am so glad to see you both," I said giving them a small smile.

"We were very happy to find out that Liam was your mate, we loved your father and your mother and we knew they would have raised an intelligent girl," Alpha Jack said.

"I am going to get her to bed, I will see you guys later," Liam said and I said goodbye.

We all went back to our houses and I went to my bedroom instead of the one Liam was staying in. He followed me into the room and I got changed into pajamas. He stripped into his boxers and got into bed with me. He pulled me into his arms and I cried myself to sleep.

I woke up to my phone ringing. I opened my eyes and pulled Liam's arm off of my waist.

"Babe who is calling you?" Liam said. I saw it was Jaz and saw that it was 2 am.

"It is Jaz I need to take it," I said, getting out of bed as Liam fell back asleep. I slipped on my robe over my shorts and tank top.

"Hey," I said, yawning as I walked out of the room and into the bathroom.

"I finished reading the book, and I did some more research," She said.

"What did you find out," I asked her and she hesitated.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"We need to dig up your father's body," She said I dropped my phone.

Sooooo what do you all think?