Chapter 49

Jess POV

I sat at the club two months ago drowning my sorrow and pain. It was one of those days when mum had chastised me over something I couldn't do right, she was always comparing me to Kel. The perfect son, he could do no wrong in her eyes while I was the imperfect one, the one she always had something against. Nothing I did could please her.
All her love was rendered to Kel and Tess. I loved my twin but Kel, that was another story. I don't think I've ever liked him. Yes he tries to play the father figure but that is overbearing. He's never going to be a father to me, he's never going to give me that fatherly love I so craved for. There was a time we were really cool, the time in highschool when he was dating Shayan. He was more open and sensitive to the feelings of others, more empathetic. He was always there for me when I needed him, attended my games, played the fatherly role well. But once he and Shayan were done he returned to his cold self, shutting everyone out.
My mom took it upon herself to mend him and that sometimes meant not having enough time for us. We all didn't take not growing up without a father well especially Tess, she didn't do relationships until recently. Kel on the other hand was a man whore, he had different girls for different occasions. All that changed when he met Shayan. I guess I haven't found someone to love me, to fix the broken part of me. I envy Kel in so many ways, he's more good looking than I am, everyone seems to like him, he's more intelligent than I could ever be, he has a wife that loves him, my mum adores him, he has the company. Everyone just wants to associate with Kel, and me? I'm the unknown brother lurking in the background, covered by Kel's shadow. 
   I gulped down the rest of my drink and looked around. I really needed to get laid, maybe it would help. People were scattered around dancing, making out or drinking. I scanned the room for something that would catch my eyes, instead I met Carlos. He was Kel's best friend, they've been friends for as long as I can remember. He strode over to where I sat in his usual arrogant swag.

   "Hey Jessie, it's good to see you." We did some sort of handshake and he sat down on a stool beside me asking the bartender for a drink.

   "You don't look so good, what's up?" He asked scanning me through his glass.

  "The usual, just in a sour mood." I said shrugging it off.

   "Oh, it happens. You might want to lay it off." He winked the last part scanning the room for girls as I've been doing earlier.

   "What do you think of that blonde over there?" He gestured to a blonde in a tight red dress with a tomato red lipstick. She looked good but she didn't really appeal to me.

   "I don't know. What about you, what do you think of that redhead at the corner there?" I motioned to where two friends were dancing, they caught our gaze smiled and we returned it.

   "They're good but I've got a particular dark haired girl on my mind since forever." He said dreamily and sighed.

  "Oh, who's that?" I asked winking.

   "Shayan. Goodness I love that girl, she's so perfect. Beautiful face, fully rounded breasts, nice ass, soft skin... What more could a guy want?" He chuckled.

I laughed too, there was no way he could have her. She's Kel's already. Lucky bastard.

"You'd just have to keep on dreaming then. You know she'd never be yours." I said laughing at his obsession with her, I know he has liked her since highschool.

  "Oh, don't be so sure." There was an arrogant smirk on his face and a wicked look.

"I'm sure Carlos, you can't have her, Kel wouldn't allow it."

"Kel? That idiot can't stop me. I'd have her, she'd be mine and I'd steal her right under his nose." The way he said it, like he was already picturing it, there was a wicked smile as if it had happened already. He was crazy about her, real crazy.