Chapter 22: The Ball Part 2

"Yuno," I said. "Since when captain Langston became a captain here?" I asked.

"3 years ago," he answered. "Actually, he was one of my comrades but then his rank got higher and higher in just a short period of time then he became a captain," he added.

"Really? Then what is his magic?"

"I guess it's diamond magic, but I also saw him using his cards as an attack," he said.

"Hmm... why can't I remember him? Who is he?" I whispered.

"Tss, let's not talk about him," he said.

"Alright," I said.

Then I suddenly saw Steve behind Yuno, and he's dancing with someone else, but he looks unhappy.

"Who is she?" I asked.

"Who?"

"That woman Steve's dancing with," I said.

He looked at them and said, "Steve's fiance"

"F-fiance?" I asked, surprised. "B-but I thought--"

"He's forced to marry that woman by his parents," he said.

"Oh... that's why," I said.

That's why Steve doesn't want to talk to his parents, it's because of that woman.

"That woman is Mira, the Vice Captain of The Legends," Yuno said.

"V-vice Captain!? Then why does Steve doesn't like her? I mean she's pretty, really pretty!" I said.

She has a stone on her forehead and she looks really feminine and mature.

"Yui, you cannot force someone to love someone. She may look pretty but that's not enough for Steve to love her," Yuno said.

Woah, is that Yuno? He really can talk about those kind of things? I thought he can only say tss tss.

Well, he's right though. Steve might be a playboy or womanizer, maybe that's because he's not yet falling in love.

"But does she love him?"

"Who knows?" He shrugged.

"What's her magic?" I asked.

"Absorption," he answered.

"How does that works?"

"She's absorbing the opponents' power, strength, and speed. It's like she's stealing the enemy's magic and then use that stolen magic as an attack," he explained.

"Oh, that's so cool! I want to see her do that!"

"Tss," he said.

"I knew you would say that," I laughed, he rolled his eyes.