Chapter 23: Akase

"WHAT HAPPENED!?" I gasped.

No one answered.

I'm inside a room, but I know that this is not my room. No one's here but me.

It's so dark, the lights are off, the only thing that serves as my light is the bright moon outside.

There is a large window next to the bed, so I tied the curtains and looked at the moon.

Is the party not yet done? What happened earlier? Ugh! The crowd really hates me, huh?

And Langston, I really want to talk to him. He's so hard to find and his presence is not easy to sense.

I was really drunk earlier, I forgot I'm inside the king's palace.

I touched my faced, "Oh my goood! What I did earlier is really embarrassing! I even shouted those people who loves gossiping about me."

Now, I can't face them anymore. What should I do? What should I do?

I opened the large window and thankfully, it did not break. Then the cold wind entered the room.

Maybe I'll just stay here inside, I don't want to see the crowd's faces anymore. I'll just watch the moon and the stars twinkle. This is so peaceful.

What time is it? I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it's already 11:00 pm. Maybe the party will end at 12 midnight.

I went back to the window and suddenly...it's raining cards.

Cards?

Then it stopped.

"Yui," someone whispered coldly from behind.

I looked at him and he's biting a card again, "How did you know my name?" I asked.

"I told you, I was one of your comrades," he said. He's just standing there at the corner of this room.

"From 300 years ago," he said. Then he walked towards me slowly.

"Then why? Why can't I remember you? Who are you? Please tell me," I pleaded.

He's in front of me now and he's just staring at me, he looks like he's staring at my soul.

"I'm Akase," he said.

My eyes widened and I can feel my tears started flowing rapidly, until my vision became blurry.

"N-no," I whispered.

Then he held the back of my head and pushed it gently to his chest, "I was watching," he whispered.

I hugged him tightly and cried loudly on his chest.

I don't know what to say. I can't find the right words to say. I don't know if I will believe him or not, but both Akase and him has a lot of similarities. Akase is also cold and also a man of few words; Akase also has blank, empty eyes; Akase also loves playing cards and he's really close to me; but Akase has white hair and he's a crybaby even though he's cold. It's just that Akase cries silently.

Akase is like a brother to me and he's the second man I treasured the most.

"H-how? How?" I asked.

"I survived," he said. Then I felt him wrapping his arms around my back gently.

"But why? Why did you not search for me? Why did you not talk to me? I was lonely, so lonely!" I cried even more.

"I was always watching you," he said.

"Then why did you not approach me!?" I shouted while crying.