Chapter 46: Spurt, Splatter, Scatter

"Hey, Steve, I have something to give you," I said. We're currently here at the shore, sitting and watching as the waves of the ocean moves.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Close your eyes," I giggled.

He closed his eyes. I held his hand put the bracelet on his wrist, "There you go. You can open your eyes now," I said, so he opened his eyes.

"Wow, where did you get this? This is beautiful, though it looks like a girl's bracelet," he laughed.

"Really? Wait, I can return it if you don't want. I'll just buy another on--"

"No, no, it's okay. I love this one because you're the one who gave it. Whatever the design or style is, as long as it's from you, I'll accept it and I appreciate it A LOT!" he said.

"Are you sure? Because I can really--"

Then he held my chin and kissed my cheek, "I'm sorry I don't have any gift to give you. I think a little kiss will do," he smiled then he winked.

"S-steve--"

"Yui, I really, really, REALLY like you... but I can see how much you like Yuno," he whispered while looking directly in to my eyes.

"Steve, I-I'm... sorr--"

"You don't have to be sorry," he smiled. "Because even though I know you like Yuno, I will not stop liking you; and the moment Yuno hurts you, that's when I'm going to steal you from him," he smiled widely.

I smiled back, "You don't have to waste your time for me, Steve. There's still better woman waiting for you out there."

"That woman is not you. I only want you, Yui, only you," he whispered.

He's too close >_< I can't breathe!

His eyes looked down, staring at my lips, "Can I kiss you?" he asked.

My eyes widened, "S-ste--"

"No, you can't," someone from behind me suddenly spoke then he grabbed me away from Steve.

"Y-Yuno? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Tch, why are you always in my way?" Steve said, then he grabbed my hand but Yuno also grabbed my other hand.

"Let her go, she's mine!" Steve said.

"She's not anyone's property," Yuno said.

"She's not anyone's property NOW, but soon she'll be mine," Steve said.

"How can you be so sure? Does Yui even likes you?" Yuno said.

"Y-Yuno stop tha--"

"I like her!" Steve said.

"That's not my quest--"

"Then do you like her?" Steve asked.

Yuno did not speak for a moment, Steve and I both looked at him. I felt Yuno tightened his hold in my hand.

Yuno gritted his teeth, "No."

Ouch, I did not expect that it will hurt this much. I know he doesn't like me but he doesn't need to say that right in front of my face. Can he at least make some idioms about that word "No"? It's making my heart bleed, okay?

"Then why do you--"

"Why did you kiss me twice?" I asked. I feel like I'm going to cry AGAIN. I'm so tired of crying, goshh!

"T-twice?" Steve asked but we ignored him.

Yuno looked away, "That kiss has no meaning. I was just teasing you," he answered.