Prologue And Character Aesthetic

'Hearts are made to be broken'

Isn't that a line from Oscar Wilde?
I shut my eyes to this quote for years thinking it was just another of those silly school of thoughts of poets.
I get it now. It was a warning, indicating how love is nothing but a game in which you get your heart broken. In other words, it is merely digging your own grave.

Every girl remembers their first Crush; The guy who made your heart skip a beat just by glancing at you, the guy whose smile made your knees feel weak. The guy whom you kept thinking about all day just because he said 'Hi'.

In my life, Noah Jones held that place.

Noah was once the boy I admired the most. There was something about the way he smiled that made butterflies escape from the pit of my stomach and unexpected warmth rush through me. He was sweet, funny and nice.

He flirted, I flirted back.
He kissed, I kissed back.
He asked me to be his girlfriend, and I did.

This is the part where you insert 'the happily ever after' right?

Wrong.

Sorry to rain on the ravishing image of roses and romance but real life isn't all sunshine and rainbows. My life wasn't some sappy romantic fairy tale where you fall head over heels in love with a prince and run off into the sunset together.

Because in my story, the prince left the princess behind and disappeared like the rays of the sun, fading in the hours of darkness.

He left. Without any words. Without any explanation. No warning. No answers. One day Im excitedly fantasizing our future and the next day he's gone, shooting me down in flames.

When he first left, I would describe my heartache as an insatiable fire that burnt all the oxygen out of my lungs, leaving me listless and empty. But now, it turned like a glove of ice encasing my heart, cooling me down. Yet It felt like my heart was yearning to set itself free and see the vast possibilities life laid out before me but it stayed locked up in the frozen prison, afraid to break the bars that shielded it from getting hurt.

My heartache had rung me out until I was dry inside, no more tears would come. The last conversation haunted me, replaying like an echo. My appetite had dwindled to nothing. I kept the curtains closed so that I wouldn't have to witness life going on as usual. How could I, when my world had crumbled?

Just when I thought life was over, something unanticipated happened; I crossed paths with Jane and Amber.

Jane Roger's : Although the Jane I know today is full of joys of spring, there was a time when she was crying her heart out. Yes, the same girl obsessing so much about her appearance once looked like a broken doll with swollen eyes and smudged mascara from relentless crying because the boy she was head over heels in love with, dumped her for her own sister.

Amber Collins : Amber had the most agonizing past than us all combined. Not only did her boyfriend dump her but her inner growing baby as well. She is a strong independent girl and decided to spend the rest of her days looking after her future child on her own but all of her dreams were shattered in a snap of fingers when she met a car accident and ended in miscarriage. Her father is one of the leading business tycoon in America but if you thought being rich made your life perfect, take it from her; money doesn't buy you happiness.

If it wasn't for Amber, Charlie's Angels wouldn't be extant today. She found us and built a team, taught us how to be strong but most of all, she opened our eyes to see the bitter truth of life; How guys lured girls to them and tossed them away like yesterday's trash once they got what they wanted. They used us as toys and played with our heartstrings like it were those you play on guitars but it was high time we beat them in their own little game.