Chapter 6- Locker Room

This chapter is dedicated to idiot_Soso for her amazing sense of humor, also on her birthday.

[]

"I can't believe I'm grounded for a whole month!"

"Congratulations. You just promoted yourself with another month extra" my mother said flatly, sitting down at the dining table.

"What? But that's not fair!" I wailed, shaking my head in disbelief.

"You're right. You should've been grounded for your entire life for sneaking a boy into the house that too WITH AN APPLE IN HIS MOUTH!"

"It wasn't what It looked like-"

"One more word and you will grounded until you turn eighteen"

"You cannot do that"

"Is that a challenge?"

I stabbed the peas on my plate, mumbling colorful profanities under my breath.

She gave me an exhausted look. "Where have I gone wrong with your upbringing? Can't you just be unproblematic for once?"

I felt the anger boiling inside me like a volcano ready to erupt. My hand curled into tight fists under the table "Maybe if you were more around me, you'd find out what went wrong in your upbringing" I snapped. "Why can't you be like everyone else's mothers?"

Her grip on the fork tightened. "Maybe because I am not fortunate enough to have a husband by my side and I have to raise two children on my own! I did not chose this life, Elle, yet I'm putting up with it. And you better do it too."

The pain in her eyes dimmed out my anger. She looked exhausted from working night shifts everyday. My father made himself scarce after Ella was born. When he said that work was keeping him busy, my mother blindly trusted him. Little did she know that what kept him busy was the woman under thirty.

My voice dropped into a low whisper "Mom, Im so sor-"

"You're getting late for school" She cut me off, abruptly getting up from her chair before turning on her heels and walking away.

[]

Jane nudged me with her elbow "Why the long face?"

"Because its Monday" I said flatly, trying to avoid the subject. Jane didn't seem to be the least conviced but dropped the subject anyways.

"So, How is it going with Jake?" I asked as we made our way to our lockers.

"Although we did manipulate him to shut his mouth, Never trust a man with..." Jane trailed, pondering over her next words "Well, just never trust a man"

"We took his phone last night and dropped him straight at home. I don't think he talked to the guys yesterday but we have to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't spill the beans today"

"With that being said, Each one of us will be assigned to monitor him at different times of the day" Amber explained.

I groaned. I could already tell this day was going to be a nightmare.

[]

If you thought I'd spend my monday morning situated in one of the shower stalls of the boys locker room instead of being in my Physics class.