Chapter 4 - Bombshell

This chapter is dedicated to Katerinanuke for her lovely comments.

[]

A wave of panic rushed through my body from head to toe when his hand found my mine and wrapped around my wrist before yanking me out of the bushes.

A feeling of vulnerability took over me as I located myself under the showering soft light of the lamp post towering above me. Now that I stood in the open, I didn't have anything to shield or hide myself. If it weren't for the mask I was wearing, my face would be illuminated in all glory to him.

Him, on the other hand, was standing out the light's reach, wrapped in unpierceable darkness. I couldn't see his face but could faintly discern his tall muscular figure. I wanted him to step into the light but at the same time had a cold feet about it.

"Who are you?" his voice was soft as feather, sharp as a knife. Only, it was confounding by how awfully familiar it sounded.

He took a step forward and I took one back.

"I asked you a question" The hint of menace in his low yet powerful voice made goosebumps erupt my skin.

He took another step.

I took another step backward, realizing that he is probably intending on closing the space between us. However, my shuffling feet are stopped by the fence behind me. "Stop right there!" I yelled putting my hand forward to stop him in his tracks.

Of course he didn't listen. Instead he took two steps closer.

"I said st-" my words faltered when he crossed the boundary line wrapped in darkness and stepped into the light, his grey eyes glistening under it. Yeah, they weren't too happy..and neither was I.

Of all the people on Earth, why did it have to this plaguy pig!

Im sure you know which pig I'm about; The one who doesn't look the least like a pig but nevertheless has a shitty personality. The one and only manwhore, Kyle Blakely.

For the first time, the mischievous glint in his eyes had dissappeared. It was as if all the gaiety spirilling behind his grey eyes were suddenly sucked by a bottomless blackhole. The darker and dangerous they got, the paler and frightful my brown ones' turned.

I teared my gaze away from him and studied my surroundings. The two other guys weren't there, they were probably chasing after Jane and Amber but I could still see our car parked a few feets away. If I took a giant step like a brobdingnagian, maybe I could get awa-

"Don't even think about it" he warned taking another step closer.

If you know me well, you would know that I wasn't the kind of person who stuck to anyone's words. In fact, nothing pissed me off more than someone telling me what to do. I straightened under his intense glare and looked at him straight in his striking eyes, trying to outstare him. It was a bit of a staring contest or an intimidation challenge. We were edging and daring each other on for what felt like hours were only minutes, seconds until I plucked up courage and tried making a run for it.

Note the keyboard - Tried.

Next thing I know, his hand suddenly shot out of the blue and clasped around wrist, swinging me straight into his hard chest with force.

I felt a sudden jolt of electricity rush through me when my eyes shot up to his. They were stormy with a whirlwind of emotions as they gazed at my brown ones, as if they were captivated by something.

My brain was buffering from how close our faces were. I could feel heat riveting off his body and his slender fingers enclosed around the skin of my wrist. His breath trickled the tip of my nose, sending tiny little shivers throughout me.