6

The night before the battle was upon them

The night before the battle was upon them ... and it had been decided that bella would be staying at a campsite high up away from the battle ground . In case of any problems the night before it was also decided that Layla would be there at the battle but protecting bella the night before in case anyone came across them. Embry was gonna stay with them as he knew if he didn't she would freeze to death and he wanted nothing more than to be with her .

" hey Sam, Emily "
The smiling boy greeted as the two greeted him back in return with Emily adding
" she's coming down now I can hear the stairs "
Not a minute later Layla arrived in a T-shirt and some leggings and trainers as she stood in the doorway
" hey em you got the camping stuff ?"
She asked the boy as he nodded
" okay I think we should go "
As she hugged Emily the older woman teared up , it could be the last time . She hugged Sam quickly knowing it would upset her too much as she stood by embry and the two waved to the teens as they left home , sanctuary .
As they began walking embry said
" the cullens came up with an idea , that to mask yours and bella's scent we would mask it with mine , so it looks like your not going hiking today "
The boy said giggling as he lifted the girl up bridal style and she lay her head into his shoulder.
" hey embry can we talk about something "
The girl asked in a serious tone
" of course we can what's going on "
He replied concerned
" well em , I don't want you to die in the battle , if something happens to me carry on , don't stop for one second , don't kill yourselves to save me , please promise me you aren't going to get yourself killed "
She spoke as she cried a little into his neck
" hey trouble don't cry "
He soothed as he left a soft kiss on her head
" I'm gonna save you no matter what you say , I need to , your the only thing that matters to me "
He whispered as her cries died down and she nodded .
After they finally got up to the mountain just in time with bella and Jacob embry carried her the whole way up to the flat ground as she shivered a little .
" you cold?"
He muttered
" kinda "
As he put her down and began to set the tent up he found his best hoodie in his bag and physically put it on her as it buried her from their height difference .

After everyone went into their tents that's when the winds really started to hit .
Once embry came in around ten minutes later than Layla from being with Jacob , they were talking about something pack related , he noticed the huddled up and shivering girl in the corner of the tent bundled up in multiple blankets but still shivering .
" crap sorry Layla I forgot how cold it is"
He said worried as he went to lie down under the blankets and patted her next to him as she shuffled and lay down with him .
" god your freezing Layla"
He muttered as she clung onto him like a koala bear onto a tree .
"I don't wanna lose you embry "
The girl said as she propped herself up on her elbow so she could look at him and a silent tear ran down her cheek
Wiping it with his thumb embry replied
" never "
Wanting their possible last night to be the best one she said
" so ... we've kissed a few times right ?"
" yeah I suppose we have "
He laughed until
His face became serious
" Layla Bennett would you like to be my girlfriend ?"
" of course embry ... I thought you'd never ask "
" and would my girlfriend maybe like to give her radiator boyfriend a kiss ?"
" she would "
As she pressed her cold lips to his warm ones and they moulded together perfectly as she put her leg over his lap and pulled blankets up around them as she still shivered .
Her delicate fingers traced the back of embry's neck as she stroked his hair . As their kisses continued she pulled away every so often to look at his face and smile .

The two fell asleep , now boyfriend and girlfriend , in perfect harmony .