18

Two days later

Two days later

" woah careful there "
Paul said as she walked near a post with her leg .
" it was stabbed not amputated Paul ... god you are just as bad as embry "
She said rolling her eyes playfully
" okay you asked for it "
He said as he lifted her up and carried her inside careful not to touch the stab wound
" hey beautiful "
A soft voice said as she looked to be met with his beautiful brown eyes . As Paul passed her to embry he carefully sat on the couch and kept her in his arms as she got comfortable .
" how's your leg feeling princess ?"
" like I got stabbed "
She said sarcastically as he laughed at her humour .
" your never gonna let go of me again are you ?"
She said as he kept his arms on her
" not planning on it "
" you know I've never been so afraid when you left ... I need you ... I can't live without you ... I just wanted you to know that I love you more than anything or anyone in this world "
As she teared up at his centiment and placed a soft kiss on his lips and he peppered them all over her face as she giggled .

After a calm relaxing day the pack had gone outside whispering and giggling like girls as Layla looked confused .
Around 10 minutes later a panting Jacob ran into the room as he said
" Layla your coming with me "
" am I ?"
" yes it's ummm embry he ummmm fell ... over "
He said badly lying as she creased her eyebrows but held out her hand for help nonetheless . Once she was stumbling out of the door with her hand in jakes and his arm around her waist , he carried her over the steps and Paul took his place . As she looked up she saw there were red roses and petals everywhere and a little pathway marked by them which led to her embry . Fairy lights were strung up everywhere as her mouth dropped open
" em ... what's going on your making me nervous ?"
She said as she smiled shakily
As she hobbled over to him with the help of Paul , he then sank down onto one knee as he smiled up at her.
" Layla Bennett ... I have loved you since the moment I saw you... and even without the imprint I know we would have found eachother ... your the most beautiful , kind , caring , most protective and the strongest woman I have ever met ... your the thing keeping me going ... I need you ... and I don't know where I would be without you ... I love you ... and so I was hoping ..."
He said as he opened a black box and there was a beautiful ring inside .
" oh my god are you serious embry please tell me your serious "
He nodded as he said
" would you do me the honour of being my wife ?"
She nodded as she said
" of course I will of course "
As he smiled widely and put the ring on her finger .
As he got up Paul let go of her waist as she threw herself at embry , forgetting that her leg was hurting. 17 and engaged ... who would have thought it .

- Two weeks later -

 As she had woken up the girl had found a strange note on her bedside table

As she had woken up the girl had found a strange note on her bedside table .
'Good morning beautiful ,
Get yourself dressed and looking like a princess and come downstairs ... there's a surprise .
- fiancé '
She smiled to herself and walked to the shower .

After she was dressed in some wedges and a summer dress she walked downstairs and shouted
" morning !!"
As the pack popped party poppers when she walked in the room
" HAPPY EIGHTEENTH BIRTHDAY LAYLA !!!!"
They all shouted as she realised what day it was and she smiled widely as embry walked over and swung her around giving her a big hug .
" hey ... now we are both adults "
He whispered in her ear smiling . Embry was 19 .
She pulled his face to hers and captured him in a loving kiss as his hands placed on her waist as usual . When they pulled away he dragged her to the food table and he began eating like the rest of the boys as they all stopped to give her a hug and a gift bag .
She realised that the only gift bag missing was one from embry , keeping quiet she smiled nonetheless .

After the party died down embry took her hand in his as he said
" I was saving the best for last "
As he walked her around the back of Sam and Emily's house there was another house , a cottage type
" welcome home sweetheart "
He said as she squealed and threw her arms and legs around him as he carried her weight .
" the boys were upstairs now using their wolf speed and they packed all your stuff and it's in the house. Go inside "
He said as she smiled .
A new chapter of their lives .