8

Embry awoke to Layla thrashing around in the bed again

Embry awoke to Layla thrashing around in the bed again ... since the battle ... since she was bitten ... she had terrible nightmares every night . Embry had practically moved into sam's and the past few days the couple had been like glue . As she cried and whined and her breathing was erratic he gently stroked her hair and that woke her up as she shot bolt upright and unintentionally smashed a vase with her mind control . As she looked around frantically her sights set on embry as he looked more concerned than usual .
" hey hey hey it wasn't real it was just a dream ... it's okay Layla just a dream "
He soothed the girl almost instantly as she slowly calmed her breathing down . Once she was fully calm she got up and saw the destruction she had caused . As she bent down to pick it up she accidentally sliced her hand open .
" ow shit !"
She muttered as embry appeared at her side and saw the blood .
" come on I'll clean that up lay, just come and let me clean your hand up first "
As she followed him downstairs where he lifted her on the counter
" I swear trouble ... you gotta be more careful "
He said half joking half serious as she smiled tiredly .
" I'm sorry I woke you up again ... you get in from patrol and can't even get a proper nights sleep because I'm having some stupid nightmare "
" hey ... I don't care , as long as I know your okay I don't need sleep "
He said softly as he then muttered sorry as he poured the alcohol over her hand and she didn't really flinch . Once he wrapped her hand up in a bandage he said
" come on you've got bare feet I'll carry you "
"So do you "
" well I have supernatural wolf healing so I think I win this one "
" fine "
She said smiling admitting defeat as she let her warm boyfriend carry her up the stairs .
Once he put her in bed and cleaned the glass away he slid back in next to her as he stroked her arm softly . As soon as her breathing slowed he knew she was asleep peacefully and he himself drifted off too .