15

" so they're coming for you

" so they're coming for you ...? the volturi ?"
She asked as she stood in the cullens house with embry and Jake .
" they think renesmee is an immortal child , they think we have committed a crime , they're gathering witnesses of their own , Carlisle thinks it will just be a conversation but Edward and I think it could possibly
Come down to a fight "
" the packs will fight ..."
Jacob said proudly as he gave a smile to renesmee in the corner of the room with some of the cullens friends
" Bella of course I'll help "
Layla said as she hugged her friend and embry smiled and nodded at bella .

Over the course of the battle preparation time , Alice and jasper left , but due to Layla's powers she had gained everyone's gifts ... and the cullens was just how amazing she was ... her power was to absorb gifts and not steal them but gain them ... it truly was amazing. She even had adopted the name " aunty Layla " from renesmee and embry had been dubbed " uncle Emmy"

The two were undoubtedly scared , the newborns were tough but this ... this was evil . It was the night before the battle and she and the rest of the vampires and wolves siding with the cullens were gathered around a fire which she and Benjamin made with her gift which mirrored his. As embry held his arm around her waist she leant back into him and pulled his face to hers as she left a feather light kiss on his lips as he smiled and left one on her head . Whilst everyone talked and tried to lighten the mood the two lovers were as close as humanly possible and that was exactly how they fell asleep . Too scared to let go .