Chapter 1

Marz's POV

I woke up at 4:45 AM and took a quick cold shower since my stepmother yells at me for using hot water. The last time I tried she told my dad and I got beat up. I got ready and made breakfast for them to make my beating a little better. I got a text from bailey saying that she was out front. I hurried out of the door and hopped in her car. "It's our first day of Senior year! You excited?" she basically just screamed in my ear. "One sec. Let me just regain my hearing. Yeah Ummm... nope, not really." I said dramatically. "Well I am," she said while turning on the radio.

When we got to school there were rumors of these guys returning to school from being suspended for a year for getting into a fight with some of the football team. Apparently, the football team got off easy by getting a 1-week suspension and 3 weeks detention. They got to skip detention for games and practices. I moved here 2 weeks after this happened. I didn't know about them till today though.

     Bailey decided to use the restroom so I just stood outside. Ashley walks through the school doors. She sees me and spots an opportunity to make fun of me. I see her coming my way so I try to hide, but there is nowhere to hide and it is too late

       "Hey, loser how's it goin'. Oh, wait I don't care. You are just a pesky bug, aren't you? No one here likes you, why don't you just kill yourself?" she said in an annoying high pitch voice. I'm used to this though. My family and Ashley picking on me. It also helps that she has an annoyingly high pitched voice. That way I don't really take her words seriously. To be honest I really wanted to laugh at her until...

She pushed me. I tried to keep calm. I wasn't going to give her what she wanted. I wasn't gonna give her a reaction. She pushed me again and kept pushing until I hit the lockers behind me. Now that kinda scared me, to be honest. Ashley was only physical when it was just me around. When Bailey was gone. Which was rarely. Soon the sacredness turned to anger. I tried to control it.

   "Ashley, just stop," I said calmly but my in my eyes you could tell that I was angry. "Oh is someone getting angry. I'm so scared" she said in a dramatic way. She started laughing. How long does it take to use the restroom Bailey? What is she doing? Where is she when I need her? Ashley went to push me again, but the school doors slammed open. Ashley grabbed me by the shirt and we both looked in the direction that the sound came from.

Four boys walked in. One of them made eye contact with me. They walked towards us. His icy blue eyes looked into mine and I looked back. It was as if it was just the two of us there at that moment. Suddenly I felt a pain in my cheek. Ashley had slapped me. He broke eye contact and his eyes became hard. He looked straight at Ashley. "Stay away he's mine. Don't try anything. Got it?" Ashley sneered.

"Get your hands off her," the mysterious man said. "Rydey" she screeched while removing her hands off me and placing her hands on his chest. I looked away. He then looks at her disgustingly and pry's her hands off. "One, do not call me that. My name is Ryder, not Rydey," he said. Oh, so mysterious boy has a name. He continued. "Two, I am not yours. And three if you ever touch her again, you don't want to know what will happen," he said coldly. she stomped away dramatically her heels clicking as she stomped off. I'm surprised that her heels didn't break. I look back at this mysterious man.

          He shifted his gaze towards me. It softened. He stepped towards me and touched my cheek. I flinched. "Princess I would never hurt you. Now, are you alright?" I blushed. Did he just call me a princess? Wait no Marz no don't fall for him. He's probably a player. "Yeah, I'm alright," I said quietly.

         The bell rang. "Well, I should probably get to class." I stepped away from him and Bailey walked out of the bathroom. "Well what did I miss?" she said. "You have no idea," I said. We laughed as we started walking to class. Her class is right next to mine. We both have science, but she has Mr. Armstrong and I have Mrs. Smith.

Little did I know who was gonna be in my class...