Chapter 18

Marz's POV

          I wake up and I look over at my phone. My dad sent me another text. Come home your stepmother and I have something else to say. I text Ryder saying that I will be at Rickey's again. I text Rickey to cover for me again.

I go home and right when I walk in my dad drags me by the hair over to the table. "Traci told me that she found out that you have a boyfriend. You ARE going to break up with him. I don't know who he is and I do not care. Second, you are moving back here. Your wedding will be in 3 days. You are meeting your fiancé tomorrow. Now go get your stuff and break up with him." He drags me back out of the house and slams the door in my face.

I am processing what just happened. I know that my dad will kill Ryder if I don't break up with him. If I tell Ryder face Ryder will not believe me. Also, I wouldn't be able to do it face to face. I decided to leave a note.

When I got back to Ryder's house he wasn't home. I packed up my things and left a note breaking up with him. I blocked his number. And I left with my things. I walk over to Rickey's house crying. I leave my things in front of his house. I have to go back home soon.

I walk in and only Rickey is there. He is sitting there watching TVD. He pauses it and looks over to see me crying. He pats the couch and I sit next to him. he wraps his arms around me. I cry in his arms for a few minutes and then when I stop he asks what's wrong.

I tell him what happened at the house. He is shocked. "I'm sorry sweetie. From everything I heard about your dad he is legit the devil." Rickey says. Yes, he knows everything. I told him everything. It felt good to get everything off my chest. He's the only person who knows everything. I don't know why I couldn't tell Ryder. I just didn't know-how. With Rickey it was simple. "Rickey when I text you 'R' you text Ryder telling him everything. I found out that the wedding will be at the church in our town. When I text you 'R' text Ryder everything. Okay? Only then will it be safe to tell him." I give Rickey Ryder's number.

*Ding* I look down and it's a text from my dad saying to come home. I tell Rickey that I have to go. I walk out and take my suitcase home. When I get home I am told to go to my room and pick out a nice outfit for tomorrow and that if I do not cooperate that it will be much worse.

I picked out a dress.

(The dress and shoes. Ignore the earnings.)

I fall asleep crying missing Ryder's warmth.

Ryder's POV

I was dealing with business when I go home expecting to get cuddles from my princess when I walk in our room and all of her clothes are gone. There is a note on the bed.

"Ryder I'm sorry that I Had to leave this way. I lost fEelings and I didn't know how to tell you. You most likely won't see me again. I can't explain why. And I can't tell you where I'm going. Don't bother calling I have blocked you. Please don't look for me."

I placed the note on the dresser. And I punched the nearest wall. I started crying.

The Next Day

I decide to read over the note one last time. I've been reading it all night. Something about it seems wrong. I just don't know what. I realize that some of the letters are darker than the others. I look at all the darker letters and it reads help. I don't know where she is but, when I find her whoever has her is dead.