e̸l̸e̸v̸e̸n̸

9am

wooyoung slept soundly through the night. he'd had a horrible few days and he needed the sweet relief of sleep. san woke up first and was happy to simply watch wooyoung sleep for a while before awaking him.

he looked so beautiful, san thought. so beautiful but so weak and vulnerable. when san held him in his arms, there was almost no weight to him and he could feel every bone. wooyoung was unlike any client san had ever had and there was no way he could have just stayed a client for long. he felt the urge to protect him with his life from the first moment.

after a while, wooyoung opened his eyes and seemed a little confused when he saw san still there.

"good morning, woo" san smiled while pulling wooyoung closer to him.

"what are you doing here still, sannie? don't you have work?"

"yes, my first client is at 11am, so I will have to leave soon... will you be okay?"

"yes..." wooyoung said uncertainly.

"are you sure?"

"will you... will you come back later?"

san chuckled, he loved the feeling of being wanted by someone, and he was fully prepared to be there whenever wooyoung wanted him. "of course. how about we go for dinner?"

wooyoung looked to the ground. the truth was he never went out. he wanted to hide away as much as possible and never thought he was good enough to treat himself to nice days or evenings out.

san noticed his change in demeanor and thought he could guess what wooyoung was thinking. "...or, we could go to the store and get some nice snacks and have a night in?"

wooyoung's face became brighter at this. "that sounds great, sannie" he smiled happily.

san never wanted that smile to disappear from his face again and vowed there and then to do anything he could possibly do to keep it there.

-----

7pm

shortly after san finished up with has last client, he went home to shower and change and rushed back to wooyoung's. in all honesty, just a few hours away from wooyoung had been hard for san. he had worried about him the whole day and had found it difficult to concentrate on his clients.

when he rung the bell, wooyoung answered the door almost straight away. he was dressed in loose sweatpants and an oversized hoodie and san couldn't help but think two things: one, he was overdressed in his jeans and a nice shirt. and two, wooyoung looked absolutely adorable.

"hey woo, how was your day?"

"it was okay... I missed you" came wooyoung's reply. san's heart skipped a beat at these words.

"well I'm here now! you ready to head to the store?"

wooyoung smiled and nodded. if he was being honest, wooyoung had actually started to feel a little more positive today. san filled him with hope that maybe, just maybe - if someone like san could want to be around him - there may be some point to his life.

but this was about to be tested.

"okay, woo, you go pick some snacks. I'll just be over here picking something to drink" san announced once they reached the store.

wooyoung strided over to the snack aisle, for once, being able to look somewhere other than the floor as he walked. he felt somewhat confident. that was until he saw him.

changbin.

he immediately averted his eyes to the floor, hoping he wouldn't notice him as he swiftly changed his route to the snack aisle. but he heard the mumbling coming from the other boy that was with him who he also recognized - hyunjin.

"isn't that... I think it's wooyounghe whispered.

wooyoung and changbin hadn't exactly had the best break up. it was right after an argument that had left wooyoung devastated. changbin had taken off and come back later, calmer, but had told wooyoung that he "couldn't do it anymore" and that wooyoung was "too broken". there was no more shouting, but there were no kind words spoken either.

"wooyoung!" changbin called.

wooyoung froze, he really didn't want this right now - or ever. his heart was still broken over changbin. he had been totally in love with him and it hurt him that he couldn't be good enough.

wooyoung slowly turned and gave a small smile, "oh... hi". he didn't even bother to look towards hyunjin, who, unbeknownst to him, was rolling his eyes at the fact that changbin had chosen to engage in conversation with his ex-boyfriend.

"what happened to you? you look bad" changbin enquired with hardly any concern in his voice for his ex-lover.

wooyoung didn't even know what to say to that, but he didn't have to say anything.

"wooyoung? did you find what you were looking for?" san called from behind. he had seen the situation unfold from afar.

"urm... yeah, I just..."

"oh, who's this?" san pretended.

"m-my ex-boyfriend" wooyoung stuttered.

"changbin. and you are?"

wooyoung just wanted the ground to swallow him up.

"I'm san, wooyoung's boyfriend" san announced confidently.

wooyoung's eyes were wide, wondering what the hell san was doing.

"how do you cope?" hyunjin suddenly spat.

he really was a piece of work, thought san.

"oh me? I actually upgraded from my last relationship" he then turned to changbin, "you on the other hand..." san let out a small laugh and then grabbed wooyoung's arm to pull him away before the two could say anything more.

once they were hidden down another aisle, san turned to wooyoung and pushed his hair out of his eyes. "are you okay, woo?"

wooyoung looked to his shoes and took deep breaths to try and calm his racing heart. "why does he hate me?!"

"forget him" san replied, "he's nothing. neither of them are worth your time"

a stray tear slipped from wooyoung's eye and as soon as san noticed, he pulled wooyoung in and kissed him passionately to show him just how much he was worth to him.

"I won't let you cry over those losers, woo. come on, we have everything we need, let's go home and chill" san smiled comfortingly, his dimples adorning his cheeks.

san promised himself that he'd make sure wooyoung wouldn't spend the whole night thinking about what had just happened. so on the journey home, san made it his mission to find out everything he could about wooyoung; about all his favourite things - and he made a mental note for the future. wooyoung fascinated him and as he kept talking, san realised that he wanted to be the person that knew wooyoung best in the whole world.