|Chapter 9 ~ Flight To A New Fate|

"I'm absolutely not  doing it!" I exclaimed, horrified as Quîncîn held out his hand for me to take. We were joined by Julîus at the edge of the small skin structured village that overlooked the dark ravine. Some curious Lesphares glanced out the safety of their homes in order to watch us, no one making a sound as they did.

"I am not asking for your opinion human. I am ordering you to hold on." Quîncîn growled through clenched teeth as he glared down at my small, nervous form. I was shivering so violently my teeth clattered against each other.

I loathed  heights.

It was something that could make me pass out from pure fright and I absolutely hated  the idea of flying to Osseus with Quîncîn as my only means of transport. I was positive my fragile stomach would not hold throughout the journey, not even mentioning my nerves.

"Are you perhaps afraid of flying little human?" Julîus mused in a tone that made me want to slap him. His eyes glistened in humour. I scowled up at him and folded my arms over the lilac coloured material that barely covered my chest.

"Yes... maybe I am." I stammered, very embarrassed when I realized just how stupid he suddenly made my lifelong fear sound. "Is there no other way we can get to this city of yours?" I then asked, but unfortunately perceived begging would be of no use.

Julîus and Quîncîn merely stared at me as if I was insane. The males then exchanged looks, almost as if they had an entire conversation through solely the use of their eyes. I realized it then.

The Lesphares were serious about flying me to Osseus.

Julîus stepped forward and took my hand in his. He bent down and kissed it slowly, staring deep into my eyes. Almost too  deep. My heart stopped. The grey hue seemed suddenly beautiful and bronze. The light stunned me. I suddenly felt my own eyes falling closed and a great tiredness dawn on me. 

His gaze was intoxicating. Entrancing. Smouldering as if they were on fire and before I could utter another word, my body gave in to the sensation. I stumbled and my knees hit the ground, so tired I couldn't move.

"Goodbye little human, may you not meet your end too soon." Julîus said softly in greeting before my vision went black.

I screamed as freezing water hit my face and drove me from my deep sleep. The coldness crept along my skin and stung my face, the uncomfortable pain causing me to swear in annoyance. I stood up from the ground, my legs uneasy on the earth below.

Earth.

My heart was beating so fast it almost hurt.

Meanwhile - in contrast to my horrified expression - a very calm and irritated Quîncîn glared back at me. He sat on a skin cloth, clothed in grey robes that seemed somewhat similar to what Julîus wore earlier. The clothing was much more suited for traveling, accompanied with Quîncîn's leather straps across his arms and legs. The robes hung down his body and a belt - a compliment to his greyish wardrobe - wrapped around his waist. I could see the sharp edge of some kind of weapon strapped to his back, the blade jagged and sharp.

"Finally. It took almost everything I had just to wake you." He grumbled and stood. When I was done scowling at him and his horrible attitude, my eyes took in our unfamiliar surroundings. I gasped in absolute astonishment.

We were in what seemed like heaven... or at least I thought so.

I stood in the middle of a great forest with trees so high, I wasn't able to see the night sky at all. Although it was dark, the forest was lit in natural light - generated by moss and ferns all around us. Green plants and beautiful flowers of each shape and size grew everywhere my eyes could spot. Some were as small as my hand and others were so large they could be climbed on. Glowing green moss covered the canopy floor and when I stepped on it, the moss seemed to glow even brighter as if the pressure on the small blades somehow created pure luminance. Against the bark of the giant trees, hunched thousands of glow worms that lit the forest in colourful reds, oranges and yellow hues.