|Chapter 18 ~ Palace Of Lîxîlîa|

The Lesphares certainly underestimated the sheer beauty and excellent craftsmanship of their capital's prodigious palace that I now knew was called Lîxîlîa. The home of Angelus Duncan and one of the biggest metropolises in all of Nova Terra. Aliums weren't even allowed to look upon the capital much less set foot in its streets and I must have been the one exception, since I was to stay in the palace for as long as Angelus issued it.

It was utterly sacred to the Lesphares. Lîxîlîa.

When I exited the great hall, accompanied by the emerald eyed Lesphares from my earlier confrontation with Zack Unity, the scene around me unfolded like that of holographic portrait. Only it wasn't a screen, but real. The warm breeze on my skin and sweet smell of blossoms confirming it.

Each hallway looked out on the great capital sprawled out far beneath the palace, no matter what turn we made or in which direction we walked. The palace was built on an overhang far above the rest of the capital, giving its residents a stunning vantage point over the carpet of bright marbled houses interlaced with patches of fields - green and gold. Shimmering waterfalls fell down distant mountains and created a gleaming lake - like that of glass - adding to the glorious scenery.

The structure of the palace itself held the design of such foreign magnificence it left me breathless. The brown haired Lesphares led me through a maze of elegantly shaped archways, circled with pretty trailing plants that snaked all across the light marble. He did not show hostility nor kindness towards me. And I was grateful.

The halls built out of light stone appeared to glow in the sunlight. The very space awed me. There were no windows and the floor was once again a simple white colour. No sign of the beautiful milky way above nor the bizarre clouds that floated past my feet.

I was suddenly led down a hallway that turned sharply right. There weren't many Lepshares who passed us. I was relieved, since those who did certainly weren't pleased with my presence. The cold stares and livid glares thrown our way told me as much.

A graceful archway entered my vision. Green vines curled around the bright stone and flowers of rainbow colours blossomed around it, the beautiful hues almost glowing. My eyes widened as we walked through the arch and my mind felt lightheaded with excitement. The area we were now in, definitely paralleled that of a female bedroom.

Flowers and plants stretched across the rose walls as if they were held up by invisible strings. Pane-less windows overlooked a beautiful spring setting that made me gasp in astonishment. Outside, green trees overshadowed fields of flowers and other plants I couldn't manage to make out. Lakes sparkled in the afternoon sun like livid diamonds. Deer-like animals and other smaller creatures drank from the clear blue water, the sun's rays washing over the peaceful area with tuscany sunlight that lit the leaves and grasses in a yellow glow. Golden curtains swung lazily in the breeze. The floor of the bedroom was littered with rose petals and other flowers. A bed of watermelon pink satin stood in the one corner. Fluffy white pillows neatly placed at the headrest of the beautiful furniture.

I was completely stunned. The room was obviously built for a female of high class and entrancing. Much different from my room back in the underground city - I realized with a start.

The Lesphares' deep voice sounded too rough in the delicate room as he spoke. "I will leave you be Alium. When it is time for dinner, I will escort you once again." And with that, he was gone.

I was alone again. Alone in the gorgeous room that seemed solely for me, a mere prisoner.

I stumbled to the bed through all the soft rose petals on the floor and collapsed on the blankets. The linen immediately relaxed my sore muscles. Out the corner of my eye another archway I somehow didn't notice before, caught my attention. I stood up from the comfortable smooth feather plushes and walked through the archway to find myself in yet another area. It was definitely for bathing and a large bath - already filled with clear water - looked out over the spring forest outside. The room was completely open to the outside and there were no curtains. I felt more relaxed than ever as I stripped down my dirty clothing and climbed into the comfortable water. I sighed happily. I could finally rest.