|Chapter 10 ~ Osseus|

The sun was high up in the sky when we finally closed in on an irregular-shaped black object. At first I thought it was another creature approaching us, but the closer we got - the more jagged the creature became. I couldn't believe my eyes. The object was certainly not  a creature.

Quîncîn took us closer to a shape that revealed itself, a magnificent island, floating in the sky with nothing but pure air supporting its great edges and rims. 

I gasped. Rivers of crystal-clear blue water flowed down the island and fell as glittering streams into a lake far beneath. The water drops created beautiful rainbows and the sky around the island looked as if it was painted with colourful hues, each colour dancing around the clouds.

I adverted my gaze a little higher and spotted a large castle-like structure situated in the middle of the floating island, overlooking a civilization-like setting. The metropolis consisted mainly of small beige houses, built around a glistening lake in the middle of the island. The buildings were erected in the same eloquent manner as the palace, but differed ways from each other. It was as if every building had its own personality with light walls and colourful roofs that spiralled towards the sky. Golden-leaved trees surrounded the buildings and gave the island an ancient aura - like that of a hidden forest civilization.

So this was Osseus.

I gaped at everything around me and then directed my gaze at the castle we were quickly approaching. The structure was built against a mountain which served as a giant base for a huge stone statue of a winged warrior. The male was armed with a massive sword, its handsome stone face set in cold resolution. The harsh expression caused a chill down my spine and I swiftly looked away from the glorious statue to examine the structure against the mountain range instead.

The building itself was constructed with so much detail and elegance that it appeared inhumanly beautiful. Pane-less window frames overlooked the city and vines swirled around pillars that steadied dignified, bronze balconies. The main structure was erected in a grand style with high towers that spiralled upwards and ended in sharp star-shaped turrets. Each spiral and shape, designed by such craftsmanship that the layout of the building seemed more of an artwork than that of a prison.

That was what it was after all. An entrancing facade that hid the Alium's true fate.

Imprisonment.

Quîncîn flew closer to the castle and the closer view made it to look even more magnificent than from afar. On the one side of the castle protruded a vine covered arch, leading out unto a balcony built out of light crystal. The balcony was big enough for Quîncîn and I to land comfortably. We flew straight towards it and managed to safely settle on the marble floor. 

After I regained the sensation of walking on my own two feet and not dangling unto Quîncîn again, I followed him into the arch. We entered a large chamber created out of light stone that gave an airy as well as spacious feel to the overall area. Window frames were built into the walls and the room was lit by a natural chandelier made out of exotic flowers that glowed from the inside of their soft petals. Other plants I could not fully inspect - thanks to Quîncîn that was drastically quickening his pace - also further decorated the bouquet. I looked around the room and noticed some kind of fair liquid flowing in small crevices all across the white marble floor of the chamber.

I jerked my head around when the flap of giant wings suddenly filled the previously silent room. Two winged creatures entered the chamber with alien gracefulness. One was a woman with long, sunflower blonde hair that hung down her elegant body in one thick braid. Blue wings sprouted from her back, each feather like a water drop that seemed to flow into the next, just the same as water. White flowers were braided into her hair and deep arrogant blue eyes stared right at me. Her skin was light and her face - diamond shaped with a strong jawline and dark blonde brows. Small ears peeked out behind two beautiful blue flowers that were tucked loosely into her hair. The female was - in a very piercingly foreign way - stunning. Like that of a poisonous ivy. Deadly but inescapably beautiful.