|Chapter 14 ~ The Edict Of A Realm|

hate this part of my duty, was the first thought that crawled into Ferîan's head as he walked through the massive hallways of Lîxîlîa's magnificent palace. The male's palms were sweating as he passed the white walls that made up the northern wing of the great structure, the marble palisades embedded with beautiful stones and gems.

The familiar, warm breeze blowing into the hallway from nowhere in particular made his skin tingle. He sighed when his final destination finally entered his vision. Ferîan stopped in front of the tall dark croaîen door, his nerves a bundled mess.

Today, his usual neat, white hair was all over the place as if a snowstorm had blasted right through it and he felt breathless - which wasn't exactly normal for someone quite as athletic as himself. He was clothed in a light blue tunic, the symbolic colours of his region. Fur pelts made up the neck area of the long attire and the material felt snug against body. His trusted blade, Stormbearer, hung in its scabbard. The beautiful frost-made hilt gleamed in the evening light that shone through the high-built windowless frames of the palace. 

It was finally time. And he wasn't exactly prepared for what had to happen today. His heart pumped against his ribs, much too fast for a normal Lespharian heartbeat. He did not significantly enjoy this part of his commitment to Angelus as his fellow guard and close comrade.

Although their Defender was powerful and fair, it did not make Ferîan's job any less stressful. Some choices had to be made and those decisions weren't exactly pleasant in the least. His hand closed around the door handle. 

Well, here goes nothing.

The main hall of Angelus Duncan's palace was maybe one of the most beautifully crafted sovereign spaces amongst all the regions in the realm. It held a great presence, massive pillars of white stone supporting the main framework to emphasize its sheer virtue. Above them, floated the millions of stars that made up a dark void of galaxy that stretched across the entire room just as the night sky would. The stars moved slowly and sparkled like gems, some even with descriptions - the names of old Defenders and heroes from across the realm - imprinted above the twinkling lights.

Ferîan directed his attention to the sides of the room. Purple curtains hung from each pillar and created a comfortable, yet royal feel to the hall. The freezing winds of winter outside the frameless windows made no unhealthy impact on his body, but slightly cooled his skin. A comfortable temperature for someone who was born in the snow.

Huge statues were built into the very walls, each marble Lesphares armed with an ancient weapon, the blades made out of white stone and just as sharp as one would expect real ones to be.

Ferîan's footsteps echoed abnormally loud across the eery quiet room and it felt like an eternity before he finally reached the most important part of the hall. The great throne of the realm's Defender. A structure made out of complete darkness.

Angelus' throne was entirely different from anything else in the room and immediately caught one's attention. The dark matter was dangerous to control and move, but looked extremely beautiful in its own strange way. It had the shape of liquid, embedded with so many colours of darkness they all seemed to form one magnificent hue. Curtains hung down from the star ceiling and enfolded the throne in a slightly more remote area for discussion.

The floor was tinted so it could resemble that of a morning sky and lit the room with bright pinks, yellows and oranges. As if it wasn't entrancing enough, it slowly moved as the realm kept changing its seasons, making clouds look like they were floating past the very floor.

Ferîan immediately kneeled in front of the throne when he arrived and stared at the beautiful sky, a pinkish cloud slowly passing by right underneath his left kneecap.