《 Chapter 1: First Meeting 》

*ring ring ring*

I groaned, pressing my pillow into my ears but the ringing just won't stop. With squinting eyes, I lazily dragged my hand from below my blanket to get hold of my mobile and finally managed to turn off the alarm. I then turned towards the side to sleep with a relaxing smile, in hopes that the good dream I was having earlier would continue.

But my lovely mother entered the room with a bang, opening the curtains, filling the room with bright light and blinding my eyes with the sunshine.

"My eyes are closed but I'm awake" I muttered to her so that she don't pull my blanket.
"You always say that and then fall asleep right the next minute." She said after pulling my blanket.

I had no choice but to wake up.

"Time for back to high school!" My mother cheered enthusiastically.
I stared into space for what felt like an eternity, and sighed to myself, "More like time for back to hell".

...

It was only the first day of my sophomore year yet classes has already started. It was the last biology class of the day therefore I was tapping my desk repetitively with the end of my pencil while glancing at the clock for the umpteenth time. I tried to focus on the lecture but it felt as though someone had stuffed me in a bottle and screwed the cap tight, so I couldn't hear a word about what was being taught.

Yawning, I moved back to sit comfortably on my seat and looked out the glass door as a boy leaning against a pole caught my attention.
Really, I was mannerly enough to avoid gawking at random strangers. But this boy before me had me mesmerized.

I was looking at him carelessly, a smile unconsciously spreads across my lips. He was playing with the high school counsellor's daughter. I watched him as he watched her with that look of love and awe. The girl giggled, waving her arms in the air for the pick-up she knew was coming, but before she was hoisted high she was on her bottom again.

The air grew thick with a tenderness that couldn't help but make me breathe slower, deeper, happier. I was so engrossed at the moment that I didn't notice when he started looking deadass straight into my eyes.

Shit shit shit

And then he smiled. It was a small smile. I felt my cheeks flushed hot so I snapped my head away, pretending to pay attention to the lecture, only to look back at him. I couldn't help it, my eyes kept wandering off to him. I wondered why.

That entire day I couldn't stop thinking about him. That night, as I laid on my bed to sleep, I sighed to myself as I knew he stole my heart without even knowing it was in his pocket.

...

Hey everyone, thanks for reading!

This is my first time writing a book. English is not my first language so if there are any grammar/spelling errors, I hope you guys understand. ♡
Please continue enjoying and reading my story. :)