《 Chapter 10: Library Meeting 》

It's been a week since the musical night.

I entered the college thinking it has been a while since I have last seen him. Maybe he's sick?

I am not in love with him

I tore my thoughts away from him as I walked to the library.

I am not in love with him

I sat down at my usual place in silence, pretending not to notice his absence. Maybe it's better to keep my distance from him because only then I can shrink this ball of affection that rules my heart.

I am not in love with him...

My thoughts are interrupted when he stumbles into the library. His tousled brown hair is damp. His face has a faint red flush. His eyes dart around the room in search of someone until they meet mine and I look down embarrassed.

I am so in love with him.

But he isn't, so I guess I'll just have to love him from afar and learn to be okay with that.

He continues walking inside the library, and I have my eyes glued onto the book that I was supposed to be reading.

I gulped because I could feel his presence very close to me.

"Hey, you're holding the book upside down." It was his voice. I pushed my face further into the book.

He then gently held the book away from my face and waved his hands in front of my eyes.

"I'm talking to you." He pointed at me.
And I did the stupidest thing ever. I pointed at myself and innocently asked, "Me?"

I looked at him and I forget everything I was going to say. My mind was blank as a sheet of paper.

He chuckled, "yeah you".
I finally realized that I'm the one who's holding the book upside down and quickly correct it.
I tried to cover my rosy cheeks with my hair while averting my gaze.

"What a weirdo" he laughed and sat at the chair right behind me where his friend was already sitting.

My heart was beating way too fast and I think for a moment, I forgot how to breathe. This is the closest he has been to me after all. And...

His goddamn laughter!

Finally, I heard it. It was warm and hearty and sounded like music to my ears.

I just hope he couldn't see the very obvious and huge smile I had plastered on my face.

Ty for reading! Please make sure to vote ♡
Someone's finally making progress :)