《 Chapter 7: False Hope 》

As the end of my sophomore year neared its end, my highschool decided to hold one last event before graduation which was the musical night.

I was unsure whether to go or not because what's so fun about listening to music in a huge crowd of people when you can have a 3 am alone party with sad songs.

We came out of the library and made our way to the cafeteria. From the corner of my eye, I saw him sitting at one of the tables but I dared not to look at him directly.

Upon entering the cafeteria, I rushed to Natalie and asked her whether she knows if he's coming or not.
"He hasn't decided yet..." Natalie said disappointingly with a shrug.
"I see..." I mumbled.

When everyone noticed my presence, I was bombarded with questions,
"Are u coming to the musical night?"
"If u won't come, it would flop!"
"You HAVE to come, no arguments!"
A large group of my friends were sitting together, and of course, it just had to be right next to his table.

I suddenly got self-conscious because everyone's eyes were on me and even the noisy cafeteria went silent. I could feel his eyes on me too.

"I'll be-"
"No! You're coming and that's final!" Samantha, someone who I've only talked to once shouted.
"Umm... alright if you guys insist"

And I swear as soon as these words left my mouth, he stood up from the table and ran to the principal's office to get the ticket to enter the venue for the musical night.

Dramatic much?

But really what the hell was that?

I just stared at the floor open-mouthed. My shocked brain lost its ability to think as I stared at his running self. I closed my mouth and turned to look at Leah to make sure she saw what just happened. And she was already looking at me with that knowing smile.

She then dragged me to the corner, and whispered to me, "As we were walking to the cafeteria, I saw him glancing at you twice. TWICE!" She said while holding up two fingers.

I tried to suppress my smile. "Please don't give me false hope," I said sadly.

I haven't smiled this widely for a long time. And it made me realize I'm in love with him because without even knowing and trying, only he was able to make me so sad yet so happy.

Two updates in a day! 😌Ty for reading and don't forget to vote! ♡

Ty for reading and don't forget to vote! ♡