CHAPTER 19

Before we even start, I want to thank you all so much for 1K reads! I really can't believe it, I wasn't even expecting this book to have more than 100 reads or smth!

THIRD PERSON POV

Jungkook had always been an introvert. He had difficulties in making friends and often found it awkward to be around new people. Those are probably some of the reasons he didn't have many close friends.

That's also why, when his parents had told him they were expecting guests later on that night, he had sighed and had plopped himself on the couch. And he who thought he would get some moments of relaxation at his home after such a long time! Turns out he would have to entertain some guests instead. Great!

Jungkook was a really sweet and kind kid, though that didn't stop him from disliking visits to his house. He always found them rather awkward and boring. Mainly because most of the people who visited were his parents' friends or some relatives he had no idea about. However, since he became an idol, the whole thing became even more unbearable; while before he had been questioned about his studies and grades, now everyone seemed to only have questions about his life as an idol. It was thrilling, at first, to describe everything in details but it got stale with time.

It had been 2 hours since Jungkook entered his hometown, Busan. The first thing he had done was drop off Haesoo. He would have dropped her at her house but she insisted that he could just drop her at the crossroad itself as it might be a bother for him to drive in the narrow streets and then find his way back.

He had then gone straight home where his parents were pleasantly surprised by his visit. However, he had been disappointed to hear that his elder brother was abroad but his parents had assured him that he would be back in a few weeks and he could visit again then.

"Jungkook honey, come here please, will you?" His mother called from the kitchen. The boy stood up from the couch and made his way to her. "Can you set the table please?" She asked her son.

"Sure," Jungkook replied. The idea of having dinner with some strangers didn't make him enthusiastic at all.

"Come on! Don't be so sulky!" His mom exclaimed, smiling brightly at him while internally cooing at her son's cute pout as he placed various dishes on the dining table. "They've been close to our family since a really long time but they had gone to live in the US. 3 years ago, they came back here. Sadly, you never got the chance to meet them after they came here but your hyung knows them well and I'm sure you'll like them too."

Jungkook remained quiet, focusing on his task. His mom sighed inaudibly. A thought struck her and she smiled again. "They just called saying their daughter was also coming along. She's just a few years older than you, so maybe you two can get along? You won't be lonely during our boring old people talks then," she said.

Jungkook giggled at her last words and walked towards her. He kissed her on the head and chuckled, "you're not old, mom."

"I was not talking about me, of course I'm not old! I was talking about your dad," she answered.

"Mom, dad's younger than you," Jungkook laughed.

"Oops. But well, I look much younger than him, don't I? I could be mistaken for your sister!" She exclaimed while flipping her hair over her shoulder, messing around with her son who laughed even louder.

"Yeah, right!" Jungkook tried speaking between his giggles but had to pause before going on. "Totally like a twenty year old!" He said while making an okay sign.

They both kept joking with each other for a moment until Mrs Jeon noticed that it was almost time for the guests to arrive. She told Jungkook to quickly go take a shower and change. As the boy stood in the shower, he started getting a little anxious.