CHAPTER 24

This Jung Hoseok is superior periodt! He could step on my face and choke me and I would thank him damn- sorry my whippedness for Hoseok is showing lmao
And this Taekook moment is so cute uwu just look at their smiles!! I can't get over it

THIRD PERSON POV

Jungkook lay limply on the mattress, an arm hanging off the side of his bed as he stared blankly at the ceiling.

He had been replaying the scene during dinner over and over again in his mind until his brain had seemingly decided to stop working. His head seemed empty, no thoughts passing through it anymore.

The scene of Mrs Park ridiculously squealing like a teenager and Mr Park giving a delighted smile while they both started congratulating his own parents about the engagement that was about to be formed flashed through his mind several times that night. His mother had given him a dubious look before smiling back to the guests and congratulating them back.

He had not been able to exchange a word with Haesoo as her family was quick to leave, saying that they would visit again soon. After they had left, Jungkook had bolted to his room, closing the door behind him and crashing on the bed where he had been laying for the past two hours.

Eventually the ravenette heard his door opening but didn't bother turning his head to look at who had just entered his room. Nevertheless, he recognised the footsteps of his brother as the latter approached him. Jungkook still didn't glance at him.

Jungkook felt a dip in the mattress when his brother sat next to him on the bed. Jungkook waited for him to speak and he did after some few minutes of silence.

"Why did you do that?" asked Junghyun softly, turning his head to look at his younger brother who had not moved a single limb for the past two hours.

Silence was all he received.

It was almost as if Jungkook had not even heard him. The older sighed and was about to repeat himself when the boy finally spoke.

"What did I do?"

Junghyun's eyes widened as he stared at his little brother in disbelief. "What do you mean what you did?! You just ruined your whole life by agreeing to get married, that's what you did!" He raged.

Jungkook merely chuckled dryly. He turned his face to his brother, his stiff neck cracking a little from having been in the same position for 2 hours. "Oh, did I?" he asked rhetorically, an eyebrow raised.

Junghyun seemed to be fuming at Jungkook's nonchalance. "Jungkook, I swear-"

"Chill, hyung," interrupted Jungkook. "It's just marriage," he said off-handedly. His careless answer apparently fueled Junghyun's anger.

"It's not just marriage, Jungkook! This is about your whole future! Are you ready to spend your life with someone you've known for barely five months?! What happened to the Jungkook who always wanted a perfect love story with all the fluffy and cheesy crap they show in movies? The one who believed in hearing bells when meeting his soulmate? The one who believed in fate? Are you ready to throw all that away and get tied to one person for the rest of your life?" enquired Junghyun.

The words hit Jungkook harder than they should have. He had always wanted to fall in love, date someone and make a bunch of extraordinary memories before getting married. But now, he was letting go of those thoughts despite not wanting to. Because he wouldn't be able to have the love story he wanted. It was out of his reach.

Seeing the change in Jungkook's expression, Junghyun thought that he had said enough. "Think about what I said," he added before walking out of the room, leaving the younger all alone once more.