CHAPTER 33

THIRD PERSON POV

The next four days were probably the most stressful and hectic for the boys. In between visiting the hospital, keeping up with practice and finding a solution regarding the comeback, they barely had time for themselves.

The news about Namjoon's accident had spread like wildfire among netizens and an official statement - giving necessary details about the artist's condition and asking fans not to worry - had been released by the company.

Naturally it caused somewhat of an uproar in the fans community. Some were getting worried about Namjoon while others were tweeting about how the driver of the car should be more severely punished for breaking the law and causing such a grave accident.

The boys were thankful for the concern and prayers of their fans all around the world and assured that everything would be alright.

The mood at home, however, remained a depressingly quiet one. The only words spoken being "let's eat" or "it's time for leave for practice". As for their meals, often times they were being skipped by most of them. Seokjin would try to force the younger ones to eat by leaving the food in their rooms sometimes, though he, himself, understood how they were feeling.

During those 4 days, a lot yet so little had happened. First off, Namjoon's condition was neither improving nor deteriorating, so in a way, that was a good thing. He was pretty much stable and the doctors said they believed that with the right amount of time and care, he would start recovering soon.

All the others could do was pray for him to get better and also prepare everything so that Namjoon wouldn't have to worry about the comeback once he would be on his feet again.

Hoseok and Yoongi took in charge writing lyrics and composing the beats for the remaining songs that were not completely finished. They had already been working on it along with Namjoon prior to the accident, but they started spending more time on it, doing Namjoon's part of the job as well.

Taehyung helped majorly in that. Those were songs he had heard before, that had already been written in his era, so he still remembered it all clearly. Still, he brought his contribution very subtly.

For instance, when the two rappers had gone to take a break, he had snuck into the studio and planted the original beat, that he had done his best to recreate, into the computer. He knew the boys would only perceive it as one of Namjoon's samples and not think too deeply into it. Or at least, he hoped so.

Turns out, spending hours wracking his brain for memory of the music and arranging the beats accordingly proved to be very much productive and distracting. It took his mind off of Jungkook a great deal, though glimpses of the boy singing particular verses during concerts would come back to his mind as he played his end results to hear what they sounded like. But he did a good job driving those thoughts away and focusing back on his job.

Speaking of which, he had minimal contact with Jungkook. And by minimal, he meant none except for their gazes meeting each other's and then quickly looking away in an awkward fashion.

As much as possible, Taehyung tried avoiding Jungkook's path, especially if he was alone. It was embarrassing and somewhat awkward to face him after having so bluntly confessed. That made him remember that he never got a hint of what the younger thought about this.

Taehyung seriously wondered whether or not he wanted to know Jungkook's reaction to his feelings. He knew that the younger would need time to adjust to this, to get used to the fact that his hyung liked him, but their lack of interaction these past few days triggered Taehyung to assume that Jungkook didn't want to speak to him. Although it was Taehyung who actively avoided him.