Bottle or Two

I remember the first time I saw you. You were holding a cigar in your hand, and a bottle of gin on the table. I don't remember how many bottles of beer you've had, but I remember the passion in your eyes when you talked about your plans. I don't remember how many drinks I've had either, but I remember how smitten I was with your vision. I don't remember what time I got home that night, but I remember how your number popped on my phone the next day.

I remember the first time you were holding out your hand in front of the roller coaster, and you said to me that all I need is just a little faith. I don't remember how long the wait was, or how short the ride was. But I remember the adrenaline crawling up my veins. I don't remember how loud I was screaming at the top of my lungs. But I remember how my voice faded after. I don't remember how I looked after the ride. But I remember your eyes, the way they crinkle at the sides when you laugh. I don't remember the weather that day either, but I remember how you whispered my name against my lips. It was divine.

I remember the first time I said I love you. You were lying next to me, holding me, not wanting to let go. I don't remember how long we looked up at the stars that night. But I remember how your hand reassured me more than words ever did. I don't remember how we got home that night. But I remember how you held me closer and whispered I loved you more against my lips. I don't remember how many times I looked back at you. But I remember how many times you'd asked me to stay longer.

And I remember how we crashed down when you told me you were not for me. I don't remember the exact words that came out of your mouth that day. But I remember every single night when I crawl back to bed, how easy it was for you to walk away. I don't remember what I said or what I did wrong. But I remember the certainty in your eyes when said you just needed to go. I don't remember how many times I tried to drown you out with a bottle or two. But I still remember how much it hurts, and how I still don't want to let you go.

TrinketsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara