Extra 03: Ghost Marriage

Heavy droplets of rain continued to pelt down onto the capital city of Emphraim Kingdom- Rafferty City.

His line of perception was only upwards onto the heavens as he continued to walk slowly up the stone steps, to one destination. Anzor pondered.

Were the gray clouds the same night she had died?

Was the chill the same the night she had died?

Was the lightning of white hue that the raucous thunder desperately chased after not wanting to be left behind, the same the night she had died?

Did she even had a feeling of what was to occur that night?

Anzor tried to picture her as she stepped into the Smith's home.

Was her routine the same on stormy nights like such?:

Where she would warmly greeted her parents and siblings?

Where she would quickly take a hot bath as to not catch a cold?

Where she would sit at the dinner table to eat, her and her family sharing their stories of what happened to them during the day or just simply chat about anything they desired.

He stopped in place, reaching the final step. 'Why did you leave me behind..... Ellie, taking Ash along with you too!!!' Tossing his right arm out in anger, the series of lightning that subdivided in the gray sky drastically changed directions.

And he finally reached it - Ellen Smith's grave. He had buried her along with her family in the same grave-site as he had did his parents. Once he had got there, Anzor saw there were flowers on her grave. Pink amaryllis.

Then something sheltered him from the rain, this being the umbrella of his friend, Amit."It was Marquess Lee who placed those flowers there." Amit said.

Anzor did not think anything of it. "Did you bring the contract?"

"Yes. Are you going to put it in the hidden compartment of the gravestone too?" He asked, knowing that the silver head man had placed the wedding rings of him and Ellen in there.

"No." He replied simply. "Take that contract to the church and have Keval sign off on it."

"....Wait...what?!" Amit exclaimed, confounded. Then he lowered his voice. It was barely louder than a whisper. "Anzor-"

"-I know she is gone, but there is nothing within the laws of Emphraim that can stop me from marrying her." He declared. "In my heart and even on paper, the only woman I will ever be wed to is Ellie. For she is the only one that I love."

Anzor was right. There were no laws against marrying the deceased. There was even a tradition around eight hundred years ago in this kingdom where one would marry the dead to obtain good luck and cast away ill misfortunes - a ghost marriage. The contract of a regular marriage was the same to that of a ghost marriage contract.

He wished to marry Ellen before the sham wedding he planned to have with Tazanna Morley.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
Like who has read Chinese web novels or webtoons where a living human girl has to go through with a ghost marriage? Guess it's only me.

• Ghost marriage was a real practice in China.