Chapter 26

I am finally back from the dead. I don't know why yesterday I thought it would be okay to write up and turn in three essays that was due at the same time ... but eh

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

The physician started to report, "the damage done on Lady Ashnah's gene that one to have the potential to use all magical elements, to have one and to use elemental magic is beyond repair. Not even healing magic of light or even side healing magic is capable. Other than that, Lady Ashnah is entirely healthy.... well a little above average, but there is nothing concerning about it. " He stated, looking up from his clipboard, pushing up his glasses on the bridge of his nose. "That fetal poisoning..... it is a miracle that Archduchess did not have a miscarriage."

Anzor sighed. "A poison that could do such a thing, it could have only been created by-"

"-The Grand Potion Master." The physician completed the Archduke's sentence.

The name of the Grand Potion Master had been around for centuries. This person had been blessed with the extremely rare side magic of potion making, making it flourish and being skilled in creating all types of potions, medicines and poisons.

There were actually documents that said one drop of the Grand Potion Master's healing potion could fully heal someone who was at death's door. Another had said, there was a potion to make one fall in love or to entirely change one's appearance.

No one had ever seen the Grand Potion Master. Many had said that this master of potions had made the elixir of immortality and had drunk it which had been why the name still rang even after so much centuries. Others had said the Grand Potion Master would find a student then pass down that title onto that student then so on and so forth.

Anything made from the Grand Potion Master was like finding a needle in a haystack and would easily range into the billions once one had found it.

With the Grand Potion Master's creations being so effective, this had the doctor curious as to how had Lady Ashnah came out of the Archduchess' womb alive and in such a healthy state with only a damaged gene.

It could had only meant that another potion of the Grand Potion Master had been utilized to combat the previous one or something that held even greater effects over the poison that had been given to her.

••••

"Yes. I am able to converse with Sister Mari because I have the side magic, Ghost Communication that I inherited from my Grandmother Alice." Ashnah told him while sitting on her canopy bed. "I am somewhat surprised that I am even able to use it because one would have to learn mana manipulation."

'.....Ghost Communication.... That ability.' The magical wolf thought than explained. "There are some side magic that a human's body unconsciously use. Precognition is one. Retrocognition. Including your Ghost Communication along with others. But Princess you should be careful of who you tell that you possess such a magical ability." He recalled the genocides that humans had done to their own kind just because their magic was so call 'evil'.

Seeing the concern in Ray's violet eyes, the brunette spoke. "I know. After Sister Mari told me about Ghost Communication, I tried to find as much as I could about it. But I was only able to find the it mentioned in a few history books. Whether the person possessing that magic was innocent or evil, woman or man, adult or child had been all indiscriminately executed. Even though it does not occur in this present time, people with such 'evil' abilities are treated almost as badly as someone who has been cursed by Brahma."

Ashnah could not imagine how many people had suffered just because of something they couldn't help being born with.

Being cursed by Brahma meant that a person had done such unforgivable and horrid crimes that even Brahma could not completely wash away his/her crimes, leaving him/her to be born with the mark of a curse in his/her next life.

The last person who had been born with a curse mark in Emphraim Kingdom had been a Duke's son, five years ago. His mother, the maids, the doctor and midwife had all perished due to the abnormally strong curse mark he had been born with.

Those people were not even viewed as human beings, treated worse than cattle.

Ray, he knew his Princess was mature for her age, but not this mature. He did not want her to know or be revealed to such acts done by her people to their own kind. "Princes-"

Ashnah smiled, "don't make that face, Ray. I am glad I was born with this magical ability because I was able to meet Sister Mari and was able to find out more about my grandmother."

Ray nodded his head.

"And, that is about it." She finished. "Now that I am done, you can tell me what you wished for us to do?" Ashnah also wished to move from such a topic that dampened the mood.

The black furred magical beast had mentioned wanting to do something with her, after she concluded with everything that happened to her.

"The contract that I have with you Princess, I would like to make some upgrades to it." He said.

The First King of Magical Beasts had formed a contract between Ashnah and Ray while she had been in her mother's womb, making Ray her guardian protector, her knight. A contract between a human and magical beast had been the impossible, but due to the First King of Magical Beast blood, it had made it possible.

The First King had set it up that if Ray had good reasons to break it, he could dissolve it. Ashnah could dissolve the contract if she had wished to. They could also make changes to it.

"Upgrades?" Ashnah questioned with the tilt of her head.

"With your permission Princess, the upgrades will include us being able to mentally speak with one another not matter how far we are apart, for me to know when you are hurt or suffering and for you to be able to summon me if we are not together." Ray divulged. He knew with Ashnah being in the capital now and him being a magical beast he could not follow her everywhere; he also did not desire to repeat the mistake of not being by Ashnah's side when she had been suffering; and he would want Ashnah to be able to summon him if she ever ran into danger and he was not with her.

Looking into Ray's eyes, she could have seen his resolve. "I will agree to it, but I want to be able to know when you are hurt as well. And maybe you being able to call me to your side as well?" She said quizzically with a finger on her cheek.

Ray chuckled at this, "of course, Princess."