Chapter 23

The conference within the land of the magical beasts, Behemoth Kingdom had come to a close. The only ones who were left in that room was the King of the Wolf Magical Beasts and the Queen of the Mermaid/Merman Magical Beasts.

["Well, everything went in your favour, Rayton. As expected of the Right Hand of the First Magical Beast King~."] The Queen remarked. ["She will not be involved in the Kingdom's affairs until she is of age, our Princess that is.~"]

The Queen of the Mermaid/Mermen Magical Beasts was Cordelia. Her teal lustrous hair cascaded over her shoulders and down her back in elegant waves with tiny seashells spread about it. Her navy blue eyes were soft and sultry. A small black beauty mark laid flat just on the bottom right side of her plump pale pink lips. Not only possessing the body to allure any human man, but she also had the voice. She had a strong effect on men of any species to be exact.

["Queen Cordelia, my name is not Rayton and please do not address me as such."] He stood, ready to leave. He had been away from his Princess' side long enough.

["I met her, Rayton."]

This caused Ray to stop in place, turning his head back to look at Queen Cordelia.

["Our Princess, she is extremely adorable.~"] She commented.

Ray sighed on hearing this, then continued to his trek to the double doors. Before he exited the conference room, he heard the Queen of Mermaid/Merman Magical Beasts spoke once more, this time in a serious tone that was unlike her playful and seductive nature. It was rare. ["Ray, be meticulous with protecting our Princess. There are some who do not agree with our great King's decision..... especially because she is human."]

••••

"Like the fairies, the magical beasts all have a separate royal bearer and then a great sovereign who rules them all. From what was documented the fairies have a Queen as their great sovereign and the magical beasts have a King as their great sovereign. We know that even though magical beasts can be found on human lands and occasionally fairies, is that said that they each have their own kingdom, that any human has yet to lay eyes on." Ben divulged, writing on the chalk board. "There have been many who have tried to find the Land of the Magical Beasts and the Land of the Fairies but they were to no avail."

With the topic of today being on Fairies and Magical Beasts, Ashnah thought about Ray. He had suddenly left before they had headed to Halcyone City. The wolf magical beast had informed her that he had been needed within his homeland and that he would return to her side as quickly as possible.

Throughout the days when he had been gone from her side, she had pondered if he was well in health and that if everything was going fine within the Land of Magical Beasts. She had never seen Ray like that before, so she had known that the reason he had for him returning home had to be quite urgent.

Benjamin finished. "And that would be all for today." He walked towards her placing a black portfolio on Ashnah's desk. "This is what you asked for, the education curriculum and syllabus of the schools in Emphraim."

She smiled, "thank you, Uncle Ben!"

He questioned with a lift of his eyebrow. "Why are you so interested in this again?"

"For future purposes." She answered.

Ben nodded. "Understandable, but do not fill your brain with too much to give yourself a headache."

"You do not have to worry about that, Uncle Ben."

••••

That afternoon, in Rafferty City topics about the Archduke Anzor Morley had boiled over again.

First, it had been released that the popular Archduke and Archduchess couple had a divorce. And that they had been in a political marriage that had a term in their contract that the Archduke provide assistance to the Morley Family for in return being able to have a clean divorce within a certain time period.

Second, the reason behind the divorce had been because he had first been legally married to Ellen Smith then Tazanna Morley. Since Ellen Morley had been declared officially deceased by the law, the marriage of Tazanna Morley and Anzor Morley was legal. It was law that a man or woman could remarry once his/her spouse had died, the only exception in the centuries old marriage practice, ghost marriage. But a man of Emphraim could not have two main wives, so he had to divorce one of them. And what he did after was up to him. It had been obvious since his political marriage contract terms had been fulfilled and that everyone in capital had knowledge of how he loved the 74th Miss Emphraim, Ellen Smith, who he would choose as a wife and who he would divorce.

Thirdly, it was because that Ellen Smith, who they had thought was a mistress was not actually a mistress but a wife. That the child who had been blessed by god was not actually an illegitimate child but a legal child. This was because children born in a marriage from the two spouses were instantly deemed legitimate children.

Fourthly, it had been because Anzor Morley had officially split himself off from the Morley Family. He had named the Estate that had just been built after his mother, Alice Estate.

Finally, the most hottest one was that, His Majesty, King Cyril Cromwell himself had bestowed the title Archduke and land onto Anzor Morley once more since he had lost the title when he had divorced the heiress, Tazanna Morley. And that the King had downgraded the main Morley Family back to the status of a Ducal House. He had stated he had done this because, it had been Anzor Morley who had risen the main Morley Family to the status of Archduke. Many agreed with that. The King had later sent cloth, clothes, gold, jewelry, magical items and the royal tassel of one wish that could be granted by the royal family as long as it was not out of boundary as a way to make it up to the main Morley Family for their downgrading.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
That bad luck Emma Morley predicted was true.👀