Chapter 16

My older sister brought a charger for me.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

After their extended stay in Halcyone, they had made no more delays and had arrived to Emphraim Kingdom's capital- Rafferty City. The day after they had, rumors had poured over this capital city about Archduke Anzor Morley for three main reasons.

First, he had an illegitimate child who was the same age as his other daughter, Kalila Morley.

Second, the mother of the child was no other than Ellen Smith, the 74th Miss. Emphraim of the Kingdom; the one who's beauty and talents the judges had said could not be surpassed when they had crowned her; and more importantly she was alive. Many fans of her had shed tears of joy, knowing that she did not perish in that tragic event that had consumed the Smith Family.

The third reason was that Anzor did not take the two to Morley Estate, but to his private Estate (that had been discovered on the same day) that was just as large as the Morley Estate. He had not taken them to the Morley Estate to be officially be recognized into the Family as one should with a mistress and an illegitimate child.

It had been said once the King had heard word of such, he had spat out flames and had immediately summoned for the Archduke. None had knowledge on what had occurred during the summons, but many were certain that it had not been good.

Three days had gone by since the three had entered the Estate and the gates had been tightly shut, the only exceptions being when Anzor had left for and had returned from his summons.

The ones outside could not wait for the gates to be opened.

And the ones inside were dealing with a dilemma of their own. The day when Ashnah had first arrived to the capital, she had came down with illness. The doctor had concluded she was ill due to her being born on and living on the mana-less Kouen Island for seven years, then to suddenly shift from one place to another with higher and higher mana levels in their environments had brought it on. He had prescribed several medicines for her to take and had said she would be fine the next day. But she was not. Quite the opposite to be exact. On the brink of death.

••••

The child's chest rapidly descended and ascended as she breathed in and breathed out hardly, panting. Her entire body was slick in cold sweat as she trembled. Even though she was shivering as if she had just came from out frost biting waters, she was actually burning up as if she was being tortured by the greatest fire magic user within the Emphraim Kingdom. Every single cell within her anatomy vibrated with immense pain as it seemed like gravity made it very strenuous for her to even move a finger. Her lips cracked, releasing a very weak cry that had bottled up from her dry throat as tears trickled from her burning eyes.

This was multitudes of levels worse than when she had died in her first life.

Ellen held her daughter's limp hand, repeating these words over and over again. "Don't worry Ash, you will be okay. Mommy's got you. Everything will be alright. .... Nothing can take you away from me." The mother herself was trying with all her might not to cry. She said these words not only for her daughter, but also for herself, trying to wish them into reality. Noticing Ashnah's tears, she gently wiped them continuing the same words.

Even her thoughts feeble so very feeble.

'M-m-mommy, I don't want to die!'