Chapter 33

Cannenta entered Anzor's study alone. Ellen had taken Ashnah to her private kitchen Anzor had built for her to make a treat for her daughter for so being patient and compliant throughout the medical examination.

"Okay." She began. The expression on her face was abnormally serious. "First, let's just say Ashnah should be kept away from Tohopka Research Facility and anyone who was and is involved with it. Or anything related to it. This is because you and Ellen's daughter is going to be literally one of their prime objectives for the facility being built in the first place."

Tohopka Research Facility was a place that investigated, did case studies and did experiments on anything relating to the subject of magical beasts.

One of the main objectives Cannenta had mentioned was to have a human possesses strength, speed, endurance, stamina, healing capability, life expectancy and mana amount of that of a magical beast's. They desired to use magical beast's genes to somehow enhance all of these aspects of a human. But no matter how much the facility had experimented, it never had achieved these results. Tohopka could not even achieve one of these capabilities. All the facility's experiments concerning this had ended in failures.

The reason why many kingdoms desired to attain this objective was naturally because humans desired to become more powerful.

Naturally, the average magical beast's capabilities was three times stronger than that of the human capabilities (eg. more strength, speed, stamina, mana amount) , except for the intelligence a human possessed. They were also more better at utilizing magic than humans, but the fairies topped the magical beasts at magic. And the magical beasts topped the fairies at natural strength, speed, stamina and healing capabilities.

Some would suggest for a magical beast and a human to have a child to accomplish this objective. But that was impossible. The offspring of a human and a magical beast could not be born. To be exact an offspring cannot be born from any interspecies relationship. As a magical beast and a human not could have a child, a fairy and a human could not have a child and; a fairy and a magical beast could not have a child.

From ancient texts the one way where there could be a "child" between a human and a magical beast if that magical beast willingly shared at least half it's blood through a magical ritual with a human, making that human it's "child".

Then that magical beast would later perish due to that ritual. This ritual, only magical beasts of noble and royal blood possessed enough power to perform. Even if a noble or royal blooded magical beast left the hidden land of magical beasts, how were they suppose to get one to willingly perform the ritual? Magical beasts could also perform this ritual on fairies as well.

The way fairies made "children" of other races was by becoming a fairy godmother or fairy godfather of that child. It did not involve the intimacy of sharing blood, but by sharing mana through a magical ritual. Like magical beasts, this ritual could only be performed by noble and royal blooded fairies, but this act does not cause the fairy after performing this ritual to perish.

"Is going to be?" Anzor questioned.

"From what Ellen and I had just discovered, there was more than one reason as to why Ashnah suffered the way she did when she had just arrived to capital. Yes, there are cases where people get sick from the suddenly being shifted into an environment with higher mana levels from an environment that basically had none. But he/she would usually get better after a night or two of rest. Not much pain and just a slight fever. The doctors had diagnosed her properly." Cannenta informed.

She went onto the explain. "The real reason was because the mana abundant atmosphere was a catalyst to awakening the dormant genes of the magical beast who's blood she inherited, right after. Because the ritual was done when she was merely a developing fetus at eight weeks, it had done major changes to her genetical makeup. Even with these major changes, if one was not looking for them, they would be nearly impossible to pinpoint. The greater the magical beast, the greater the genes and lastly the greater the pain. Like Tohopka wishes to achieve, Ashnah will slowly grow into a human with the strength, speed, stamina, endurance, healing capability, life expectancy and high mana amount akin to that of a magical beast's. It's just we do not know to what extent since she is still a child. Except for that agonizing awakening, her magical beast blood should not negatively harm her being."

Anzor sighed in relief on hearing this. Then he inquired. "And about her damaged gene, Cousin Nenta?"

The King of Magical Beast had just told Ellen that her babe would not being able to utilize the magical elements. It had been Ellen who had later found out it had been because his blood in his dying state could not have healed the gene that was linked to it. But she had not cared and still did not care about that, because her child was still alive and currently healthy. But she also did not want her child to experience the ridiculing of society- to be hurt.

Cannenta smiled then did deuces with her fingers. "No comment as of yet, because right now even if we do not know of a method to heal Nahzie's gene, there maybe one right out there, just waiting for us to discover it. Like possibly a potion from the Grand Potion Master who's numerous of low graded poisons concoction that had been used to try make Doll-face miscarry, or possibly a strong enough healing magic, or maybe even a method that I could created." She folded her arms behind her head. "I still need more time to research. Genetics was never really my field."

It was true. Even though Cannenta Morley was skilled in numerous fields as a physician, genetics was the field she was a little above average in at best. Etiology and Pathophysiology were what she was most intrigued and did her best in.

Her dream as a doctor was find out more about the ancient and practically dead Ankti disease that had suddenly appeared and had brought the previous King and Queen, their Majesties Eric and Sarah Cromwell along with servants who had been within close range of them to their demise. Then quickly had disappeared after as if it never had never existed. She worked as a regular doctor on the side, treating people to makes funds for her research.

"And it is fine for Nahzie to go out as well."

••••

Meanwhile within the Morley Estate word had gotten around that the Duchess had suddenly came down with a terrible fever.