Chapter 5: Act 1

Shuichi's POV
I spent time with Kaede all day. Instead of trying to catch the mastermind we just walked around and talked. Whenever she tried to point out the killing game or the mastermind I changed the topic. I need to avoid the murder.

After some time Rantaro stuck up to us. Which was kind of awkward but just for me. Since only I knew what had happened with this two last time. I shook those thoughts out of my head and continued my day like nothing.

I was also kind of nervous about Tsumugi. I couldn't think a lot of a way to defeat her, because I would doze off and then either Kaede or Rantaro would ask me if I'm alright. And I'm sure if I doze off constantly it will probably look suspicious.

———/Time skip to sunset at Shuichi's room/

I was waiting for Kokichi to arrive again. I didn't know what I would tell him. 'Oh I'm sorry I spent all day chilling and didn't think two shits of our plan'. That's going to be real fun. For him.

*knock knock*

I sat still. I just didn't want to listen to whatever Kokichi would say. After a few seconds Kokichi started to knock on the door full speed and strength.

"God damn alright just shut up" I said as I opened the door. I looked down and shame filled my brain. It was Kokichi, holding some notebooks and some papers with notes on them.

Well this is just great. Not only I didn't do anything, but Kokichi actually did. If he wasn't going to laugh at me then now he definitely will.

"C-Come in." I murmured.
"Nishishi! You won't believe this."
"What, you know how to defeat Tsumugi?"
"Huh? No I have no idea."

I didn't know if that was a relief or the opposite. Probably not a relief because now we were two stupids with no idea on how to defeat a whole system.

"It's a lie! I found out a way."

I sighed and started checking what Kokichi had brought while he talked. Wow his handwriting is awful. Kokichi kept ranting on how we needed to use the audience to serve us unconsciously.

"And how do you expect to do that..?" I said without looking up.
"We need to fake a relationship."
I choked on my breath and looked at Kokichi. He seemed dead serious.
"A relationship? With you?" I asked a little scared.
"No, it can be with Kayayday if you want."

I kind of calmed down but then Kokichi kept talking in an annoying voice, which probably meant he was trying to imitate mine. In this voice he said:

"Oh h-hi Kayayday.. you see we are all fictional and seen by an audience, and so for safety reasons I need you to be my fake girlfriend." And then with his normal but not less stressing voice Kokichi continued.

"Ha. Good luck with that. Kaede will definitely say yes and help you."

As much as I hated it, Kokichi was right. And his plan had sense. If we were a couple, and we managed to be the fan-favorites, the audience would be our shield against Tsumugi, since killing one of us would anger the viewers. I definitely didn't want to do this. But it was the most rational way. And I had already dragged Kokichi into this, he was as deep as me in this ocean of scripts.

"Alright. Let's do it. But only to save the others."
"Nishishi! Pull up the curtains cause this show is just beginning!"

And like this, I trapped myself more than ever, in the first act of our plan to defeat despair.

We went to the dining room to spend the few hours we had left before night hours. Kirumi was in the kitchen making dinner and te rest were at the table. I sat down next to Kaede on my right and Kokichi sat at my left. Kaede was talking to Rantaro besides her. I hadn't noticed but they seemed to have gotten closer.

It's nice seeing both of them alive. Kaede's death had affected me a lot last time. And seeing her happy and well makes me feel like she never died in the first place.

I still felt kind of jealous but got over it and turned to see Kokichi.

{A/N}
Word Count: 793
Yuuh here we goo! Quite long for just a chapter amirite? Also, Shuichi still feels something for Kaede, since it's almost canon he liked her at the beginning of v3, but don't worry the Saioma just increases throughout the story.

And Kaede will also have a happy ending cause I love Kayayday and I don't want her to suffer 😔👊🏻