Chapter 13: Lies

No one's POV
Kokichi was lying on a bed, still unconscious. The execution had happened a few minutes ago. Kokichi was in a hospital-like room. Just a few darker and smaller.

Monokuma stepped out of the room. The bear announced that they could come in now. His friends. Kaito, Maki, and Kaede, and of course, Shuichi, his beloved, entered. When they saw Kokichi was still asleep, the assasin asked the question that everyone had avoided.

"So. How are you alive." Maki seemed serious and a little annoyed.
"Yeah! The plan was that Kokichi would be the fake victim! Not you." Kaito added.

The detective sighed and started to explain everything.

"During the party, Kokichi and I separated from the group. He noticed I was too.. nervous.. so he offered to be the 'blackened'. He got the book and the blood bag out of his shirt and placed it in mine. We figured your reactions would be more believable, too."

"We were really scared. We thought you were dead!" Kaede said.
"I'm sorry.. really."

Everyone gave the navy haired boy a hug.

"Can I have one too?"

The students turned to see the small and bruised boy smiling weakly. Kokichi had woken up. Shuichi ran over to him. The detective, almost out of instinct, grabbed the Panta lover's hand.

"Kokichi! You're awake! I was so worried-"
"Same over here. I didn't know if I had actually killed you, y'know?" The purple haired boy interrupted.

Shuichi hugged Kokichi tightly, like if they hadn't seen each other in 53 /see what I did there? lol-/ years. The liar wasn't expecting it, so it took him a few seconds to hug back.

"Well, what now?" Maki asked.
"What do you mean?" Shuichi asked back.
"The plan worked, it bought us more time. What. Now?"

They hadn't thought about it. The deadline was no longer there, but they were still in a killing game. They had to find a plan to escape, or a plan to end Tsumugi.

"I.. I don't know." Shuichi said dissapointed.
"Let's not waste time. We must find a way to escape! Let's go, Maki, Kaede." The astronaut exclaimed as he left the room followed by the girls.
"Oh! And get better soon Kokichi" Kaito said from outside.

Kokichi smiled a little at that comment. It felt nice to be cared about. Shuichi looked at Kokichi and when the liar noticed this, he stopped smiling as if hiding it.

"You don't have to hide anymore, you know that right?"
"Hey, I'm not going to let out everything in a moment like this! It's the worst possible time to be weak."
"Who says you're weak? Its alright to be scared sometimes, Kokichi."

Kokichi was a little shaken by the detective's words. It had been a while since someone comforted him. But he was kind of right, he was a detective too, so lying was of no use. But Kokichi wasn't ready to stop lying. There were still so many things wrong with him.

"You make it seem like you truly love me, Shumai~"
"Actually, I kind of do."
"What-"
"I got you! I thought you as a liar would distinguish lies easily. Maybe I overestimated you."

Kokichi pouted and slapped Shuichi. Not too hard of course.

"Or maybe you wanted it to be true?" Shuichi asked as he smirked.

This time the slap was harder. Nevertheless, both started laughing a little. Without knowing the had both fallen for the other, but they hid behind the so important 'plan' to hide it.

Shuichi got up but was pulled back down by Kokichi. The detective looked at him with a confused face.

"Actually, I would appreciate your company, Shumai." This time Kokichi sounded more honest than usual.

Shuichi, taken aback with this, sat down besides him. And they talked for a while, before they fell asleep. Kokichi went first, then Shuichi fell asleep on the chair besides. The detective had a hold of the liar's hand, making use of Kokichi's unconsciousness.

{A/N}
Word Count: 692
Heyy sorry for not posting yesterday, a neighbor invited me over out of nowhere so yeah. Also, fluff recommendations are welcome!