Chapter 11: Five friends and a Mastermind (1/2)

/Time Skip to the party/

Kokichi's POV
I walk towards the gym. Part of the plan is that Shuichi and Kaede are in there first, since the others think the party was organized by only them. We decided that so that our plan wouldn't seem as suspicious as it is.

When I get to the entrance I see Angie, Tenko, and Himiko walking in. Angie was saying something about Atua protecting them and Himiko looked scared as fuck.

I guess being in a party with a risk of the Mastermind snapping is quite scary. Specially since we are all together.

Anyways I entered the gym. Most people were grouped and asking Shuichi who the mastermind was, if not, they were talking.

Kaede told everyone to enjoy the party while she prepared something. Everyone went their own way, some went to the food, some went to dance, Kaede went backstage, and Shuichi went to a lonely corner.

Of course as the good friend I am I walked up to him. He seemed nervous but trying to hide it.

"What's wrong? Aren't you in the mood for a party?" I asked
"It's not that.. it's just.." Shuichi said looking down
"Is it about the plan?"

Shuichi didn't answer. He just stayed there looking at the floor, his bangs covering his eyes.

"Nishishi~ Is Shumai worried about me?" I asked playfully.

Shuichi raised his head and looked at me. He had a worried expression and tears running down his cheeks.  My smile dissapeared and I got closer to him while wiping the tears off his face.

"Hey, it's going to work out fine. You'll see."
"W-What if you end up hurt? What if y-you.."
"I'll be okay. You think I, the Ultimate Supreme Leader, would die so pathetically?"

Shuichi chuckled and hugged me. I hugged him back and I could feel him crying on my shoulder. Maybe he really cares about me? Am I.. important to him?

Shuichi's POV
I guess this plan has changed a little since the first day. I didn't think I'd get attached to Kokichi. And now I have to risk it all, even with his life on count.

"It's kind of funny, actually." Kokichi said.

I looked down at him and he continued.

"I used to think I would die alone, and that no one would care. But then I met you, I met you and the others."

Kokichi turned and looked at everyone. They were all having a good time, chatting and dancing.

"I kind of like the killing game for that. If I'll die, then at least I won't die to be forgotten."

Kokichi buried his head on my chest and I rested my chin on his head.

Dying to be forgotten? In the first killing game, after his death, he wouldn't have been forgotten for sure. But he probably wouldn't have been remembered as he'd like.

And then a phrase hit my mind. 'You're alone Kokichi, and you always will be.' I realized how bad that must've hurt him. Back then I hadn't met his true self, but still..

I'm sorry.

I saw Kaito waving his arms at me. It was time. Now or never we had to get the plan going.

{A/N}
Word Count: 543
This is only the part 1 of this chapter, I promise tomorrow early I'll post the part 2.