Chaper 21: How did you get here?

Mr. Sushi's POV
Kirumi and I got to the infirmary and she laid Kokichi on one of the hospital beds.

"Do you know what happened?" She asked calmly while placing a wet towel on Kokichi's forehead.

I honestly didn't know what to answer. Am I supposed to say that I got rejected without getting rejected or..?

"I uuuuuuuhhhh.."

I was interrupted by Maki entering the room. Although it's not like I was going to say anything.

"Do you know what happened yet?" Maki asked Kirumi.
"Happened? What are you talking about?"
"Aren't you here to see Kaito?" Maki asked me.
"Kaito is here?"

Kirumi pulled the curtain next to Kokichi's bed, revealing Kaito in the bed besides him.

"Wait is that Kokichi? Did he faint too?"
"Actually, yes! Did Kaito-?"
"Mhm. Out of nowhere."

Maki and I sighed at the same time.

"Then it probably has to do with the motives." Kirumi said.

We both looked at her and she continued assisting Kaito and Kokichi while she talked.

"I have a clue of what's going on, but you need to tell me what happened. In detail. If you don't tell me, I'll take away your knifes and your books."

"BUT MOM-!" Maki and I whined at the same time.
"But nothing. Now, spill the tea."

I really didn't want to, and I bet Maki didn't either, but we had no choice. Oh man this will be real awkward.

"Okay.. I was kind of arguing with Kaito.. it's just, he was being so rude about Korekiyo's death and.. saying things about all of us dying anyways.. so I said that maybe we should.. stay away until the effect wore off.. and he.. fainted. I thought it was my fault and I.." Maki trailed off at the end. Then she shook her head and looked at me.

"Well.. I asked Kokichi about something he had said earlier.."
"What had he said?"
"Something about hmkssnmeur.." I murmured at the end, not wanting to say it.
"Shuichi Saihara."
"Fine! He said something about always wishing for my kisses or something like that.." I blushed a little and then continued.

"Soo I asked him about it, he said he loved me, but of course he didn't mean to say that, then I said I loved him back, then he walked away without saying a word, I panicked, he fainted halfway through the hall, I called you and now we're here."

I crossed my arms and looked at them. For some reason both Kirumi and Maki were looking at me with puppy eyes, which was extremely out of their character.

"What?" I asked a little annoyed.
"That was so cliche, but so cute too!" Maki said.
"Whatever. We said what we knew. What now?"
"I think I got it. In my opinion, they fainted because there was kind of like an emotional overload. Kaito, the actual one, got it when Maki 'broke up' with him. Kokichi got his when Shuichi confessed his love back to him. Their emotions + the fact that a murder happened (meaning that the effect was slowly wearing off) made them faint."

Maki and I looked at Kirumi with wide eyes. She looked back at us with a confused look.

"You sure I am the Ultimate Detective?" I asked jokingly.
"Yeah, that was pretty impressive mom, but that's just a lie it was pretty obvious. I'm actually kind of disappointed in you, Shumai, for letting a maid outsmart you."

Everyone turned around to see Kokichi, now being his usual self, sitting on the rim of the hospital bed with a mischievous grin on his face.

"K-Kokichi you're awake! And.. back to normal." I said.
"Gosh if I knew you'd miss me so much I would have rather stayed like the motive wanted me to." He said in a sarcastic manner.
"Shouldn't Kaito be awake by now too?" Maki asked worried.
"Ah. Yes. Probably."

Kokichi nudged Kaito and he groaned. Then Kokichi flicked his fingers against Kaito's forehead and he sat up.

"Whaaaat?"
"Kaito!" Maki exclaimed and hugged him instantly. Then backed off and started playing with her ponytail.

"T-The thing I said.. I didn't mean it.. I should've understood the situation you were in and help you get through it.. I'm sorry.."

Kaito hugged Maki and she hugged back. She was smiling, but when she noticed we were looking at her she pouted and nuzzled into Kaito's chest.

"Get a room you two." Kokichi said.
"Says the one who fainted because of his crush."

Kokichi tried to reply but his mouth just opened and closed without a sound coming out. I chuckled.

"Who'd say the ultimate asshole had feelings?" I asked and he glared at me.
"I really don't get how I like you." He replied.
"Don't worry, the feeling is mutual." I said hugging him.

He tried to fight back but my hold was stronger so after a few tries his arms went limp and he just groaned. I started playing with his hair.

{A/N}
Word Count: 862
Heh.. it's kinda long.. but meh why not. Also I love Kaito, Maki, Kokichi, and Shuichi, being friends sorry if that bothers you :b