vi. prophecies suck, that's it

chapter six

─── prophecies suck, that's it

          𝔄fter diner, I was dragged against my will to socialise at the campfire. I just wanted to collapse into whatever bed I was going to get, and then sleep and hope that I woke up with this all being a bad dream.

I was sat with Eleven, which was apparently Hermes' cabin and thus, where all unclaimed went. Luke was sitting by my side, chatting with his siblings quietly. They all looked incredibly similar, with the same cheeky look hidden in their eyes and the air of mischief hovering around them. Annabeth was opposite with her siblings whilst Leo was sitting under a steel grey banner emblazoned with a hammer.

There was a sing along and other things going on, but I couldn't really focus on it if I was honest. Did I have this back where I was from? Were they laughing and smiling or were they worried for me as everyone here seemed to be for this Andromeda person.

Finally the song ended with a lot of rowdy applause and Chiron stepped into the centre. "Very nice! And a special welcome to our new arrivals. I am Chiron, camp activities director, and I'm happy you have all arrived here alive and with most of your limbs attached. In a moment, I promise we'll get to the s'mores, but first—"

"What about Capture the Flag?" Somebody yelled. Grumbling broke out among some kids in armour, sitting under a red banner with the emblem of a boar's head.

"Yes," the centaur said. "I know that Five is anxious to return to the woods for our regular games."

I rubbed my forehead. There was something about Capture the Flag. I felt like I played that before, or something like it, but I couldn't tell when, where or with who. Gods, amnesia sucked.

"However," Chiron continued, "until the dragon is brought under control, that won't be possible. Nine, anything to report on that?"

He turned to Leo and his siblings. Leo winked, shooting someone finger guns and I turned to see Piper, who was looking considerably less pale, standing at the back of the arena. At least she was alive. That was good. The girl next to Leo stood uncomfortably. She wore an army jacket a lot like Leo's, with her hair covered in a red bandanna. "We're working on it."

More grumbling.

"How's that going, Nyssa? Huh?" An Ares girl demanded, a frown on her face.

"Shit actually, thanks for asking!" the girl said, swearing at the Ares girl, who jumped up in indignation. Chiron started to try and separate the fight as the crowd got rowdy and I cocked an eyebrow.