Chapter 1: Skylar

"Oh my god! Look who it is!" Lauren exclaims before roughly shoving me against the wall. "Skylar Jackson!"

"Wow, I don't think you need all of these books nerd," Normani says, slapping my books out of my hand.

I bend down to pick up my books as my 5 bullies crowd around me.

"God, you guys are such bitches." I mumble under my breath, not loud enough for them to hear.

Or, so I thought.

"What did you call us?!" Camila exclaims, forcefully grabbing my chin to make me look up at her.

"I think she called us bitches." Dinah says, clearly irritated by what I said.

"I think so too," Camila says before she slaps my face. "Talk to us with that disrespect one more time and you don't want to know what will happen."

I hold my cheek and try my best to hold back my tears.

I hate showing them any emotion. Whenever I do, it always just makes matters worse. It's as if they feed off of my pain.

"God, you're so pathetic." Ally scoffs.

"Class starts in 2 minutes!" A dean shouts from the other side of the hall.

"You're so lucky we have to go." Normani says.

"Don't worry though, we'll make sure to see you once school ends. And, who knows, if you're lucky, we'll try to stop by before then." Camila says with an evil smirk forming on her face.

With that, the girls walk away and disappear into the crowd of kids rushing to their class.

God, I hate them. I think to myself as I pick up my books.

As I'm picking up my books the 3rd period bell rings.

Shit! I can't be late again!

With that thought in mind, I run to my 3rd period Physics class.

When I walk in, the teachers back is turned away from the door.

Good, I can just sneak in. Your seat is right there Skylar. Just be quiet.

I quietly walk over to my desk. I'm a few inches away when I hear a familiar voice announce, loudly, "Well, look who's late again!"

I look behind me to see Lauren giving me an evil smirk and Normani trying to hold in her laughter.

I glare at them.

Ugh what the hell! She's such an ass! I was so close!

Mr. Davis' voice brings me out of my thoughts.

"Skylar Jackson! That's the 3rd time this week! You're in 11th grade Skylar! This is unacceptable. One more time and you will get detention! Understand?"

Now, the entire class has turned their attention towards me. I can feel my face turning red and my anxiety skyrocketing.

"Did you hear me Skylar?" Mr Davis asks.

I nod my head.

"Good, now sit down and try to pay attention to this lesson."

At this point, my face is completely red. I take a seat at my desk and I can hear Lauren and Normani laughing right behind me.

I try my best to focus during class, but Lauren and Normani won't let me. They keep throwing wads of paper at me and whispering to me. The last straw was when Normani smacked my head when the teacher wasn't looking.