Chapter 3: Skylar

"Go with Camila and she'll show you what it is."

Go with who?!

My head shoots up and I instantly lock eyes with Camila. Her arms are crossed across her chest and she's wearing the biggest smirk on her face. I can't stop myself from trembling. The more I try to stop the worse and more obvious it becomes.

God, she can't be serious. Why the hell would I have to go with her? I'd rather stay in detention for the rest of my life than have to go anywhere with her. There is no way in hell I'm going.

"C-Can't I-I j-just stay h-here?" I stutter out.

Camila scoffs at my question and rolls her eyes.

"No, Skylar. The principal wants you to help out somewhere in the school. And, by the note, it looks like you won't have time to come back to detention. Sorry, it's out of my hands, but hey at least you got out of your detention. You should be happy!" The teacher says enthusiastically.

If only you knew.

I sigh and I slowly get up out of my desk. I put all of my books into my bag and slowly walk up to Camila. I can't stop myself from shaking under her gaze.

She's going to hurt me, isn't she? Ugh, why did I call her a bitch?

"Let's go, Skylar!" Camila says with fake enthusiasm in her voice.

She leads me out the door and as soon as we turn the corner I spot the other 4 girls, staring daggers into me.

"W-where are we going," I ask. 

Camila turns around and says sternly, "Did we say you can talk?"

I look down at the floor.

"Good girl." Camila says.

The girls lead me to Normani's jeep.

Normani gets in the driver's seat, Ally in the passenger seat, Lauren and Camila are both on either side of me and Dinah sits in the far back. Normani pulls out of the school's parking lot. I want to ask where we're going, but I know that I'm going to get yelled at or worse, slapped. So, I just keep my mouth shut.

After a few minutes, they pull into a dead end. The area is covered by lots of trees, but it's not far from my house. I've definitely been here before. There's a pretty lake not too far from here. The 6 of us always used to go there. Back when we were friends that is.

Wait a minute. They brought me to an area covered by lots of trees. Where no is around for a few miles. Holy shit. They're going to kill me!

"Get out of the car." Lauren says.

That's when I realize that the five of them are outside, waiting for me. I'm trying my best not to have a panic attack, but it's kind of hard not to when your 5 tormentors bring you to a place like this.

I take a deep breath before I get out of the car. As soon as I get out Lauren slaps me and says, "So you think you can swear at us and get away with it?" She slaps me again, "Well, think again."

Camila walks up to me and slaps me, "I don't know who you think you are. Calling me a fucking bitch. I swear to god, if I ever hear that word come out of your mouth again you'll be so sorry."

Normani punches my stomach and says, "Didn't I say you were going to regret what you said to Lauren and I in Phsyics?"

Ally hits me and says "You need to learn to respect us. We can make your life a living hell and you know it."

Dinah slaps my face and punches my stomach, "Honestly, who the hell do you think you are. Nobody gets away with talking to us like that. No. One."