Break Away

Requested on FFN: 'Can I make a request where Margaux and Sherlock go on holiday?'
Author's Note: The fluff took over, okay. I couldn't help it.

*

The sun gleamed high in the cloudless sky. Below it was a beach with white sands and crystal clear water. Palm trees lined the edge of the beach in a vibrant green and the warm breeze carried the scent of sea salt through the air. It was quiet, the only sounds coming from the brushing waves and birds chirping nearby.

The villa sat atop a hill, its patio looking out over the tranquil scene. Sherlock lay on a sun lounger with Margaux between his legs. She was laying back against his stomach, using his thighs as armrests, his chest as a pillow. She closed her eyes beneath her sunglasses and let the sun shower her with warmth, taking a deep breath and letting out a relaxed sigh.

"I could fall asleep like this," she said.

"Mm," Sherlock rumbled, too relaxed to form a coherent sentence.

She tilted her head and looked up at him, giggling at the serenity on his face.

"I told you this holiday was a good idea," she said.

"Still hate the sun."

"You seem to be enjoying it right now."

"Perhaps it's not the sun I'm enjoying."

He wrapped his arms around her, resting his hands on her stomach. She linked her fingers with his, running her thumb over his wedding ring. He kissed the side of her head before raising her hand to his lips and kissing that too.

She rolled over and pushed her sunglasses on top of her head; the frames leaving red indents on her cheeks. Sherlock chuckled.

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing," he said, still laughing slightly.

She rose up on her knees and straddled him. "Tell me."

He traced his finger along the red lines. "You look funny."

"Oh, well I'll just go inside then..."

She made a feeble attempt to climb off his lap, giggling as she felt his arms wrap around her to keep her in place. She leant forward and kissed him, her body pressing against his as if the sun were melting them together.

A phone began to ring from inside. Margaux broke the kiss and got up.

"Ignore it, ignore it," said Sherlock in a sulk.

"I can't, it'll be the kids on FaceTime." She shouted as she ran into the cool, air-conditioned villa to grab her phone.

"Ah yes, kids. I forgot we had kids."

She kicked him gently as she returned with the phone, before sitting beside him and answering the call. The screen came to life with two sets of round, piercing blue eyes. Margaux smiled and waved at the camera.

"Hi babies!" she said.

"Hi mummy," Vaughan replied.