Poetry 46: Maybe

Sometimes, we tend to bruise our minds through asking multiple times of why we were not getting an equal density of importance as much as we did to someone. Although, we already have a vague hint of the long whys, we still chose to burn a midnight oil waiting for a sorry we haven't received until now. Or maybe, staying all night long with a little hope that those delivered yet unseen messages will be read, and maybe, with an another inch of little hope, we get a reply out from that long messages we took a deep breath to send. Or maybe, of those unanswered calls and of those read messages but were never replied and were never sorry for. Or maybe, just a maybe, we punished ourselves by counting hundred folds of "what ifs", and "if onlys", and drowning our thoughts for the things that we could have done— only to make things right and fair. But it was all done — you've had enough and fed up with the noise and bustle of the same questions that run on your mind over and over.
You should stop punishing yourself, maybe. And maybe, you've been smart enough to realize that your worth is not defined by how someone you value that much, values you a little — maybe you've realized that.

—PrettyMira18