standing up .11

nini read the note one last time, before folding it up and putting it in her pocket

nini read the note one last time, before folding it up and putting it in her pocket. the girl made her way into the cafeteria band saw all of her friends sitting around the table. nini made her way over and quietly sat in between frankie and gina.

"hey neens... you okay?" gina asked nini once she saw how down the girl was. nini sighed and shrugged her shoulders, "what's wrong?"

"just feeling kinda overwhelmed," nini bluntly said as she rested her head on the lunch table. the girl was constantly thinking about ricky and the anonymous writer. ricky made her feel like useless shit while the anonymous writer made nini feel needed and helpful. the girl wished to just meet the anonymous writer and talk to him as long as she could, but she respected his decision to stay anonymous.

"what's wrong baby," kourtney said to nini as she rubbed her back up and down. nini blankly stared at the surface of the table and tried to come up with words to say, but couldn't. she didn't know what was coming over her, but the girl felt tears flooding her eyes and slowly fall on the table.

"oh my god-"

"nini.. what's wrong?"

"neens! it's okay!!"

all of her friends started talk over each other as they tried their best to console nini, but the girl was numb. all she wanted to do was cry and scream, but she couldn't.

"i'm gonna go," was all nini said before she got up from the lunch table and walked out of the cafeteria. the four friends glanced at each other before letting out sighs.

"anyone know what that was about?" ashlyn asked once nini was out of sight

"probably ricky," frankie said, "three days ago before volleyball practice, nini said that her and ricky got into a really heated argument. & he basically said that he knew nini liked him, but he's never gonna like her and that she needs to get over him."

"what the fuck?" kourtney snapped as she choked on her water. ashlyn repeatedly patted kourt's back until the girl felt better.

"you okay?" gina asked as she let out a light chuckle.

"sorry, almost died," kourtney said before putting her water bottle down, "anyways, did ricky apologize?"

"nope," frankie said popping the 'p', "he's just been ignoring her and acted like nothing ever happened between the two."

"what a dick," gina muttered under her breath.

"why didn't nini say anything?" ashlyn asked.

"she was really embarrassed and didn't wanna talk about to anymore," frankie answered as her face fell, "she literally hasn't talked about it since, but then again... nini barely talks now anyways."

"im gonna go over there and give ricky a piece of my mind!" gina started and got up from the table. ashlyn grabbed gina's arm and pulled her back down at the table, "ash. let go."