wrong .18

"he wants to meet me?" nini told frankie as the both of them stood in the gymnasium

"he wants to meet me?" nini told frankie as the both of them stood in the gymnasium. frankie's eyes widened and she snatched the letter out of nini' hands to read it herself. "woah, what's the big deal?"

"uh.. just like aren't you kinda nervous?" frankie stuttered as she gave nini a nervous look. nini scrunched her eyebrows at frankie and slowly grabbed the note out of her hands.

"uh.. i mean i guess?" nini said in a questionable tone as the two of them made their was out of the gym, "but at the same time i'm kinda excited? it'll be nice to have another guy friend that has nothing to do with ricky."

"oof," frankie said under her breath. nini tilted her head at her friend and started to get even more curious.

"okay, dude. what's the big deal?" nini asked as the two of them made their way to the usual lunch table. the both of them sat down next to their friends and frankie let out a sigh.

"nothing nini, i can't tell you," frankie told nini. the girl got taken aback and looked at the rest of her friends for help.

"can you guys remind frankie that we never keep secrets between each other," nini reminded her friends thinking they would side with her, but they just shrugged their shoulders.

"may i remind you of the secret you kept about you and ricky's one night stand," gina recalled as she smirked at nini. the girl glared at gina and rolled her eyes.

"you know it wasn't true," nini whined as she glared at all of her friends, "besides that was because ricky told me personal stuff between him and his family. i didn't know it was gonna turn into some huge rumor throughout the school."

"okay well, we can't tell you this secret because you told us not to," kourtney explained. nini scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

"wait ... you all know?" nini asked.

"well if frankie is talking about what we all did behind your back then yes," ashlyn simply said. nini got taken aback and she inched her head closer to her friends.

"what the hell did you guys do behind my back?"

"nothing, nini," kourtney told the girl, "it's not a big deal."

"if it's not a big deal then tell me," nini bluntly said as she crossed her arms across her chest. kourtney, ashlyn, gina, and frankie all glanced at each other, deciding what they should do.

"fine," gina said and smirked at nini, "we know who your anonymous penpal is!"

"WHAT?" nini exclaimed a little too loud. everyone glanced at the girl and nini gave them an awkward smile before turning her attention back on her friends, "when did you guys find out and how?"

"easy. we just hid in the gym on thursday at 3pm and waited for the person to pick up the note," frankie simply said. nini looked off to the side and nodded her head.

"well.. yeah that's actually kinda easy," nini said and laughed, "so.. what's he like?"

"uh.. definitely not who i was expecting..." ashlyn started to say, "but he's really sweet!"

"and super funny," frankie added with a smile, making nini even more excited.

"he's kind of a geek," gina bluntly said, earning a glare from kourtney, ashlyn, and frankie. frankie smacked gina on the arm, but the girl just shrugged her shoulders. "what? we said we wouldn't keep secrets so.."

"do you still wanna know who it is," kourtney asked nini. the girl let out a sigh and shrugged her shoulders. she stared at the lunch table and tried to conetmplate her options, but her curiosity was getting the best of her.

"fine... tell me."

"you sure neens?" gina asked. nini nodded her head and the four of them all looked at each other before ashlyn spoke up.

"its.. big red," she revealed. nini's jaw dropped to the floor and she immediately turned around to look at him. the boy was laughing it up with ricky and his usual group of friends.

"big red?" nini asked and her friends simply just nodded their heads, "are you sure..?"

"we literally saw him walk in the gym, go under the bleachers, and grab the letter," kourtney explained. nini's face fell and she just shook her head.

"but red... he doesn't seem like the kind of person to say that stuff."

"well neens.. maybe he's just really good at hiding it," frankie suggested and nini simply just nodded her head.

"but he signs the letter as 'L', " nini said, but her friends just shrugged their shoulders in defeat.

"maybe it's his real name," ashlyn explained to nini, "we all know his real name isn't red, but no one really knows what his name is."

"oh.. that makes sense..." was all nini could say as she tried to comprehend what she just found out. "i can't believe red goes through all that... it's just so unexpected..."

"are you gonna tell him you know?" gina asked, "or are you just gonna act like you don't know and meet up with him."

"i'm gonna act like i don't know and meet up with him," nini explained to her friends, "because he's the one that wanted to stay anonymous and now that he wants to meet up with me...i don't wanna ruin his happiness by telling him i know who he is. i want him to feel happy he trusted me.."

"yeah, thats a good idea, neens," ashlyn reassured her. the girl forced a smile and focused on her food for the rest of the lunch period. nini took out her lunchpale and quietly kept to herself as her friends talked amongst each other.

 nini took out her lunchpale and quietly kept to herself as her friends talked amongst each other