the final game .21

"geez... there's a lot of people here," nini muttered to her friends as the five of them tried to make their way to the bleachers. the girls fought their way through the crowds and finally go to the beaches. they sat towards the middle and saw the basketball teams already warming up.

"i mean it's west high," gina breathed out as she eyed the blue team, "what do you expect?"

"are you checking them out?" frankie asked gina. the girl nodded her head and they broke out into a laughter.

"neens... you nervous?" ashlyn asked her while they all sat down. nini let out a sigh and shrugged her shoulders.

"uhh... i don't know," she confessed, "i mean it's just big red."

"how are you even gonna see him do the signal?" kourtney asked, "there's so many people here and you never know when he's gonna do it."

"yeah.. i don't really get that part, but i guess we'll just have to see," nini answered. they all nodded their heads and focused on the basketball game. nini watched as ricky warmed up and laughed with his teammates. nini felt herself start to smile, but quickly wiped it away.

"hey...can we sit here?" nini heard someone say. she turned her head and saw red, carlos, and seb standing next to them.

"oh uh.. of course," nini awkwardly said and forced a smile at them. they all smiled at her and sat next to them. everyone greeted each other with smiles and hugs while nini stayed frozen in her seat.