never enough .20

"where are we going?" ej asked ricky as he follows him towards the gymnasium. ricky opens the doors to the gym and gives ej a smile.

"it's thursday! i'm picking up my letter, duh," ricky told ej as the two boys make their way to the bleachers. ricky crouches down to go under the bleachers and grabs the paper that was tapped underneath.

"wow, you guys are still doing this?" ej asks as he peeks over ricky's letter to read the letter. ricky gives ej a glare and steps away from his friend. "what?"

"you'e not allowed to read it!" ricky explained with a small chuckle as ej rolls his eyes. ricky stepped off to the side and starts to read the letter to himself.

"yeah lemme know when you're done reading it, hamilton," ej joked as he scrolled through his phone

"yeah lemme know when you're done reading it, hamilton," ej joked as he scrolled through his phone. ricky blocked out ej's talking as he reread nini's letter over and over again. "dude, why do you look like you're freaking out?"

"because i am!" ricky exclaimed as he reread that one sentence over and over again.

"about what?" ej asked. ricky rushed over to ej's side and showed him nini's letter.

"read that sentence," ricky told ej as he pointed it out on the paper. ej gave ricky a confused look before reading the sentence aloud, "remember, you don't have to be perfect to be enough for everyone."

ricky raised his eyebrows at ej, but the boy just shrugged his shoulders in response, "okay...and?"

"nini told me the same exact thing when i was at the bakery with her that one night," ricky exclaimed with a smile on his face, "and this is like the third time it's been written in these letters!"

"you mean....?"

"it's nini!" ricky exclaimed as he ran his fingers through his hand, "holy shit.. i've been writing to nini this whole time! it's nini!"

"you seem happy to know it's her!"

"because i am!" ricky stated with a huge smile on his face, "everything just felt so right with her the whole time and now i know why. she's the one!"

"so now what..." ej asked ricky as the curly headed boy smiled to himself. ricky gave ej a smile before backing away.

"i gotta talk to nini!" was all ricky said before he started sprinting out of the door.

"but what about practice?!" ej called out after ricky, "the rivalry game is tomorrow!"

although it was too late, ricky was already out of the gym with nini's letter clenched in his hand. ricky felt overjoyed with glee once he found out it was nini. he couldn't imagine talking to anyone else or even being with anyone else.

sure him and nini been through rough patches, but the was because ricky was constantly trying to hide his life from the girl - but she knew the whole time. he didn't have to hide who he was anymore, the boy could finally be with someone.