Friends

I left Alaric while he took a shower, walking down the stairs and straight towards Anna's room. I knocked on the door lightly waiting for a response.

"Come in." I heard Ross say.

I walked in smiling at them, handing Anna a piece of paper asking how she is feeling.

"I am good, I feel good." She smiled looking down at her son. "Just tired is all."

I nodded squeezing her shoulder before I left them alone. I waved at Beth who is bringing some clean bedding into Anna's room. I wondered around the house; it is a lot larger than I expected. I found my way into the root cellar, looking around I decided to make a few apple pies for everyone. I grabbed the apples, shortening, spices, some eggs and flour. I carried everything up to the kitchen, I laid it all out on the countertop, first is the crust. I mixed all the ingredients together forming a perfectly flaky dough, I set that aside in the fridge to set while I worked on the apple filling. I looked at the corner finding an iPod, switching it on letting the music fill the room as I cooked. I was so distracted I did not notice that Garth stood right next to me. I looked up and jumped placing my hand over my heart.

"Luna, forgive me I didn't mean to startle you." he said dropping his eyes.

I waved my hands letting him know it is all right, grabbing a piece of paper I jotted down a note handing it to him.

Are you okay?

"Yea, I am okay, I just wanted to see if you needed some help in here. I love baking."

I nodded enthusiastically handing him a peeler and a bunch of apples. We stood their peeling apples as Garth told me everything, he could about himself. We baked 6 apple pies and then we started on the Vanilla Ice Cream.

"Do we have cheddar cheese?" Garth asked me.

I walked over to the fridge pulling it out with a big smile. I wrote down --- Why do you need this?

He took the cheese and read my note and then looked at me shocked.

"You've never had fresh apple pie with a piece of cheddar cheese?"

I shook my head no and wrote --- Why would I do that? That is why I have the ice cream.

"Oh no Lou we are going to have to fix that." he said with a laugh and then stopped looking at me. "I am sorry Luna I shouldn't have called you that."

I waved my hands saying 'No', then wrote it down --- No, you are more than welcome to call me Lou, I like it better than Luna it is less formal. I handed it to him with a smile.

"Thank you, Lou. What else are you cooking? Maybe I can stay and help you more?"

--- Yes, Please I would love if you stayed and helped me, I am going to make some Venison stew and fresh bread for everyone this evening. I wrote down before sliding him the note.

"Oh, yes this is going to be perfect!" he said with excitement, "Come on let us get everything we need."

Just as we were walking out of the kitchen, I felt large arms wrapping around me pulling me back, I let out a cry looking up to see Alaric smiling down at me. I rolled my eyes and smacked his chest as he let out a deep laugh.

"Where are you taking my mate Garth?" Alaric asked.

"Sorry Alpha, we were just um..." he stuttered.