Survival

"Lou?" I heard Alaric call from behind me as I scanned over the valley. "Are you alright my love?"

"I am scared." I did not turn around. "I am scared that everything we have built will be ripped away from us."

"We won't let that happen."

I can tell Alaric is just as scared as I am, we have to protect our people, we have to protect our land. I turned around and wrapped my arms around him. We stood there for a few minutes, letting the reality of our world melt away for a brief moment. It is just us.

"Everyone is ready and waiting for us my love."

"Just another moment please." I said tightening my grip.

"A little longer."

I knew everyone is waiting for us, so I separated myself from Alaric and walked out of the room downstairs and into the new meeting room. Every pair of eyes landed on us, I could feel the pressure, the anticipation of what we had to say. I looked up at Alaric wanting him to take the lead on this, even though I am their Luna they always respond to their Alpha better.

"Lou and I have asked you all here so we can talk about our plan." He took my hand, "Our plan to save our race."

"We will follow you anywhere." Odin said with pride.

"You all are good men and women, Thank you." I said with a smile. As Alaric began explaining everything, we planned earlier that day I drifted off into a dream. A dream filled with peace, in a place where young wolves were able to run free without the worry of a hunter finding them. I dream of a place where we will not have to fight for our survival, where we won't have to hide in the shadows.

"The 10 of you will be sent out with formal letters from us, you will deliver them to the remaining packs all over the US and into Canada. The rest of you will help us prepare for our guests in the coming weeks, we will need to stock up and meat and the fruits and vegetables need to be harvested.

"I will take a few of them women to prepare rooms." Beth said with a smile.

"Louisa and I will go into town with Killian, Odin and Ross to pick up the supplies we need there, we need 50 men to keep an eye on the grounds. If anything happens call us."

I looked around to see everyone talking before they went to start the chores Alaric laid out. Odin and Killian were talking to their mates both human before they walked outside. No matter how many times I told them they were in no danger, no one would harm them, they remained afraid of the unknown. Especially Edith Odin's mate. She came from a terrible background and Odin gave her something she never wanted to lose. I as their Luna would make sure no one is lost from this impending war with the human race.

1 week later...

"40 Packs have responded to our invitation." Alaric said as he gathered some papers for the meeting.

"We will be okay. This will work and our species will be safe."

"I hope you are right little one."

"This has to work, in order for all of us to be safe it has to work."

I stood there terrified, I fear for my people, for our way of life. I could not and did not want another species to rip everything we are away from us without a fight.

"It will work my love." He tightened his arms around me. "Come, we need to start greeting our guests."

I took his hand letting him lead me downstairs and outside to see so many new faces all staring back at me with hopeful expressions. Alaric stopped on the edge of the patio pulling me close to his side.