Four: First Day

"Good morning Cailyn." I open my eyes and see Charlie. "First day of Sophomore year." He chimes. I love Charlie's energy. I stretch before I get out of bed and grab clothes to change into.

"Good morning Charlie." I say as I walk past him I tot he bathroom. I close the door behind me and scrub my face with Bella's face wash.

I brush my hair and get changed into my jeans and a hoodie. I head back to my room and pack my gym clothes. I still haven't decided on playing volleyball or softball for my fall sport since basketball doesn't start till November.

Maybe I'll play softball just because Bella suggested it. It's a super easy sport that anyone can be good at. I got into my car as Bella did so also. I followed her to the school and parked beside her.

I got out of my car and grabbed my gym bag and slammed my door. As I walk up with Bella we receive a lot of stares. Right. I'm in a small town. New kids are probably rare.

"I'll take you to the secretary's office." She says. She leads me to the secretary's office and walks to her own class. I open the glass door and find a petite woman with glasses and her hair up.

"Cailyn Peters?" She says as she looks up from her computer. I nod. "Here's your schedule. Have all your teachers sign by their class and bring it back to me at the end of the day." I nod again and grab the schedule from her. First hour is English 2. Room 2091.

I stared at my paper and the room numbers while walking until I felt someone tap me on the shoulder.

"Hi!" I turn around to see a small brown haired older girl. "I'm Jessica." She chimes and holds a hand out for me to shake. "You're the new student right?" I nod my head.

"I'm Cailyn Peters." I say. "Do you know where English 2 is?" I ask and show her my schedule.

"Oh yeah!" She chirps. "I can take you there." As we're walking she says. "So I heard you can play basketball." I nod my head.

"Yeah." I say. "Me and Tyler beat the other two by 11." I brag.

"I saw you talking to Isabella Swan." She says. "I would stay away from her. She's kind of a weirdo."

"She's my sister." I growl. Even thought I don't know her that well I still have to defend her because she's going through a lot right now. She looks startled by my words yet confused. "I think I can find it from here. And I better not hear you talking shit again." I snap and she walks away.

Room 2091 is just down the hall. I walk though the door and stand by the teachers desk until she notices me. She looks up at me from her computer.

"Cailyn Swan?" She asks.

"Yeah." I say and I show her the paper in my hand. "The secretary told me you have to sign this." I hand her the paper and she signs it with her red pen that she pulled from behind her ear and points to a seat.

"Sit right there." She says and hands me the paper back. I sit down in the seat she points to in true middle of two boys in the middle row. I sat down while the teacher passed out papers.

"I wouldn't make friends with Jessica Stanley on the first day of school." The boy on my right whispers to me. I look at him. He looks like he can play basketball. He was built and had some height for a sophomore. He was dark skinned and his curls were loose.

"Yeah I'm not." I whisper back. "She's too much of a teacher's pet." We both laugh.

"You play sports?" He asks. I nod my head.

"I'm a shooting guard and post." I say. I lean closer to him. "Is the volleyball team actually good?" He shrugs his shoulders.

"Jessica Stanley and her best friend Lauren play." He says. "I guess they're pretty decent but I wouldn't want to play with them." I nod my head. Softball it is.