Seven: Thief

"Who picked to wear dresses anyways?" I say as we look through the blue dresses.

"Jessica and Lauren of course." Jamie says while she puts back a royal blue dress.

"I would have been happy with just wearing our uniforms for homecoming." I gripe.

"Well we aren't seniors." She sighs. I'm just glad I've never been a freshman here, Jessica and Lauren love ordering around the freshies.

"Well at least you'll be a senior next year." I huff. "I have to wait two more years. It's great."

"Who'd your escort?" She asks.

"Cam of course." I say. "I can't believe it's already our last game of the season."

"I can't believe we're undefeated." She says. "I mean, last year we only won half our games."

"You got me this year." I say. "Plus those two good freshman. That one is six foot, if only she could score more."

Jamie and I pick out dresses to try on. I pick out a tight red evening and a puffy navy blue dress to match the school colors. She picks out the same dress —a very flowy dress with sleeves—but in different colours of yellow and blue.

I try on the blue dress. It barely fits because I've lost so much weight. I try on the red one. This one fits better and shows off my curves. I come out the the dressing rooms at the same time as Jamie.

"I picked the yellow one." She states. "Which one did you pick?"

"The red one." I say as we go to pay for our dresses.

"I was hoping you were going to pick that one." She chimes. We pay for the dresses and head to my car. The dress I got was $200, Charlie gave me a $1,000 dollar budget (that I insisted I didn't need). I would have been happy with finding a dress at a thrift store but Charlie insisted I shop for a good dress.

We grabbed food at a drive through and I call Cam as we make the drive back to Forks.

"I bought a white dress loser." I say after he answers. "Make your tie match."

"Okay dummie. Remember to make it to walk through tonight." He says and hangs up.

"I can't believe you guys haven't dated yet." Jamie says.

"What." I laugh.

"I always thought that you and Cameron would get together." She explains. I laugh again.

"Just because I'm best friends with a guy doesn't mean I like him." I explain. I'm getting tired of people assuming that Cam and I are secretly dating just because we hang out. Can I not hang out with a guy as a friend? "And it's getting kind of annoying. Even Charlie thinks we should date." I shake my head.

We talk about school, basketball, and other things on the way home. I drop Jamie off at her house before going back to mine. When I get into the house it's almost as cold as it is outside. I turn the heater back on and head up to my room.

I hang my dress up in my closet and go to check on Bella. I open her door and she's at her computer, probably emailing "Alice" again.

"Hi Bella." I say. She looks at me then goes back to her computer. "Do you want something to eat?" I ask. She shakes her head no. She talks every once and awhile to me. She hasn't been eating well and her hair is getting thinner.

I started sleeping in her bed with her for the past couple months. Her nightmares haven't stopped but they've gotten better since I have. I hate having to leave her at home by herself all the time. I feel guilty that I do. I honestly think she needs therapy or something.